What's new

BRING BACK MK9 TO THE NEW GEN SYSTEMS.

Should MK9 be reissued for PS4/XBox One?

• Yes.

Votes: 81 67.5%
  • No.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • 6-4 Kabal.

Votes: 16 13.3%

• Total voters

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
People that say they "love" MK9, that it was the "best" NRS game, but won't play it at locals/regionals/majors, or even organize side tournaments for the game amongst other, like-minded MK9 Heads are full of shit.

Old MK9 Heads that say that it's bullshit characters were somehow less bullshit than other NRS games are full of shit.

Old MK9 Heads that say that MK9 was footsies and nothing else, where boys became men and no one ever jumped are full of shit.

Basically, Old MK9 Heads are almost always full of shit.
I miss our good times, Rude. I really do.

No, I kid you not, forum.
This guy right here was my first ever legitimate training partner in life.
And we beat the shit out of each other. Many times, for many hours, over many months.

I miss the comradery.
The feeling of belonging to something unique and festive and insane.
All the elements that made it great that have never been recreated.

I'm going to NEC, but I'm not even planning to compete. I'm just going to see all the peoples and support the cause and all that good stuff.
But if MK9 were put on the books, if someone said "hey, I'll put up X amount of whatever, we're gonna run a hype ass MK9 sideshow," I would start de-rusting right now and buy in just to be a part of it.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I miss our good times, Rude. I really do.

No, I kid you not, forum.
This guy right here was my first ever legitimate training partner in life.
And we beat the shit out of each other. Many times, for many hours, over many months.

I miss the comradery.
The feeling of belonging to something unique and festive and insane.
All the elements that made it great that have never been recreated.

I'm going to NEC, but I'm not even planning to compete. I'm just going to see all the peoples and support the cause and all that good stuff.
But if MK9 were put on the books, if someone said "hey, I'll put up X amount of whatever, we're gonna run a hype ass MK9 sideshow," I would start de-rusting right now and buy in just to be a part of it.
Those were the good days. <3

MK FIGHTER

Knife Fight
Well, remake assumes bug/balance fixes as well. Like maybe make Cyrax bombs not unblockable like in MKX and stuff.
NRS would have to hire a separate team aside from the team that's already working on Injustice 2 right now to even tackle a reboot of MK9 of next gen. They would have to redo/nerf/buff/reprogram Cyrax, Mileena, Kitana, Kung Lao, Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Scarlet, Freddy, Sonya, Johnny Cage, Kabal, Kenshi...the list goes on and on. Basically the entire roster needs major work and that is just too costly and time consuming for NRS right now. Besides, the game sucked in almost every way minus the tag-team option which was the only good feature of the game.

AlexDuck

Skarlet Noob
NRS would have to hire a separate team aside from the team that's already working on Injustice 2 right now to even tackle a reboot of MK9 of next gen. They would have to redo/nerf/buff/reprogram Cyrax, Mileena, Kitana, Kung Lao, Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Scarlet, Freddy, Sonya, Johnny Cage, Kabal, Kenshi...the list goes on and on. Basically the entire roster needs major work and that is just too costly and time consuming for NRS right now. Besides, the game sucked in almost every way minus the tag-team option which was the only good feature of the game.
It's Skarlet, not Scarlet.

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
I think the more realistic hope for MK9 fans is that the eventual MK11 leans toward some of the general system qualities.

Like the pacing and movement is most important to me by far, for example. I hope they lean more towards that feel of movement. Or you might like the "when to let go of block" style of opening players up compared to the high/low philosophy. Whatever it is you prefer.

I'm a fan of how MK always changes characters/moves/etc. So it doesn't have to be that MK9 goes on forever. I used to argue with UMK3 guys about the same because today they'd have UMK3 ver17.14 and nothing else would exist if up to them.

That's not what I'm looking for when I praise MK9. Honestly that game does little for me aesthetically. Again it's more about general stuff like the direction in pacing and movement that I enjoy and hope they lean towards in MK11.

Funny how this thread is asking whether mk9/inj SHOULD be added to next gen systems... on an mk/inj fan site.

Even funnier is how people said no and even are fighting against it.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
I'd pay any price to have it. Hell I am setting up my old PS3 within 2-3 weeks so me and my buddies can play the game. MK9 <3 4ever.

rude and boxy up in a tree, f-i-g-h-t-i-n-g

First comes nets, then comes trance

Then comes the baby and quan beating you with your own leg for a fucking hour until the d bag hits rematch