What's new

Breaking in a pad?

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
So, I have a problem. Yesterday I went to my first little tournament at 8bit in NYC. I didn't get any practice in before it started, and I did pretty poorly (won my first, lost 2 in a row). I put the blame on tournament nerves and the lag difference between their TV's and my shitty one, and those were definitely factors, but it wasn't until I got back that I figured out the real issue. You see, I use the Madcatz fightpad (the WWE one, same as SF4 pad with different artwork). I play at home on 360, but I got another Madcatz pad for ps3 so I wouldn't have to put faith in converters when I play elsewhere. When I got back I noticed a significant difference in the physical sensitivity of my ps3 pad compared to the same pad for 360.

Is it possible that the two pads actually have different sensitivity? Or have I just sort-of loosened up my 360's pad from playing? This tourny was my first time using that ps3 pad, so if I just spent a bit of time mashing that dpad around, could I break in the controller and have it similar to my xbox's?