What's new

Break Down of Swamp Thing Featuring Tyler Lansdown (Trait Revealed!)

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
okay but where are you seeing swamp thing having this?
Just watched the vid for the first time. You must be uber hype lol. Not my type of character, but he looks amazing. Easily one of the best looking for Inj2.

On subject. They're talking about at 1:46 in the video. Tyler says, "if you are struggling against your adversaries projectiles" and then Swamp does a move punching Cheetah in the back from full screen, a high, and the MB version is seemingly a grab or a mid. Both versions seem fairly quick with decent recovery. Much better than Supergirl's at least.

I enjoy my buff zoning's but I am fully convinced that no zoning will appear on the MK9 or Inj1 level, regardless of how powerful offense may or may not be in Inj2 so I just laugh and have fun about it at this stage. But thought I would point out what they were referencing.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Just watched the vid for the first time. You must be uber hype lol. Not my type of character, but he looks amazing. Easily one of the best looking for Inj2.

On subject. They're talking about at 1:46 in the video. Tyler says, "if you are struggling against your adversaries projectiles" and then Swamp does a move punching Cheetah in the back from full screen, a high, and the MB version is seemingly a grab or a mid. Both versions seem fairly quick with decent recovery. Much better than Supergirl's at least.

I enjoy my buff zoning's but I am fully convinced that no zoning will appear on the MK9 or Inj1 level, regardless of how powerful offense may or may not be in Inj2 so I just laugh and have fun about it at this stage. But thought I would point out what they were referencing.
That doesn't move Swamp Thing himself so you won't need to change how you block. Everyone calm down. Thank you Salt and yes I am VERY hyped. So much good put into this character's design, they did him justice.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
ye looks faster than i thought it would, the ign write up said it was slower than sg tele:
"...Bio Fission is another way the lumbering guardian of Mother Earth can keep long-range zoners honest. He creates a clone of himself that appear behind his opponent to strike at them. Unlike Supergirl’s teleportation move, Bio Fission is relatively slow..."[/QUOTE]

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
That doesn't move Swamp Thing himself so you won't need to change how you block. Everyone calm down. Thank you Salt and yes I am VERY hyped. So much good put into this character's design, they did him justice.
Yea I can see it being fine. It'll be annoying but since it's just a KD high, and the MB version is an attack that doesn't juggle, and when blocked/whiff you can likely projectile punish, I think it's safe to say let it play out. Supergirl's combo starting tele is more bothersome imo.

ye looks faster than i thought it would, the ign write up said it was slower than sg tele:
"...Bio Fission is another way the lumbering guardian of Mother Earth can keep long-range zoners honest. He creates a clone of himself that appear behind his opponent to strike at them. Unlike Supergirl’s teleportation move, Bio Fission is relatively slow..."
This on the other hand I dunno lol. I mean used Supergirl for the beta and I saw this trailer and clearly the Swamp Man does it faster lol. But for less reward so I see what they tried to do.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
The close range grab and the trait are really interesting. I'm really curious to see what gear specific stuff he'll get that'll really send his character over the edge(at least in non competitive modes). He seems really slow though and with how fast some of the characters are in this game I'm not sure he's gonna be able to keep up without some amazing anti airs or reversals.

The Ultimate

aka CommandThrower
I need to see how much damage his grabs do and how much mixup potential he has before I'm on board.

Until then, it's still Grodd for me.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
The close range grab and the trait are really interesting. I'm really curious to see what gear specific stuff he'll get that'll really send his character over the edge(at least in non competitive modes). He seems really slow though and with how fast some of the characters are in this game I'm not sure he's gonna be able to keep up without some amazing anti airs or reversals.
I think he'll be fine. He'll look broken day one because I will have labbed the shit out of him and then when I fight guys on TYM who have done little to no labbing on him (understandably) I'm probably gonna do some crazy looking shit but as the game grows he'll get figured out and I'll fade into obscurity. Ah well.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
If you know Tekken like I do you know his chain throws are escapable. You not escaping tager.
What if King VS Jax match occurred? It would be hilarious. xD

Jokes aside, after seeing Swamp Thing I think that he has 2 weak points. He will be most likely weak against teleporters, like HF Scorpion, and defenders, like GM Sub Zero.

Reeky Jones

XBL: Reeky Jones PSN: Reeky_Jones
Anybody else see that interactable that looks like it possibly leaves a DoT effect on the ground?
Imagine Swamp Thing's trait with that.