What's new

Video/Tutorial BradyCast: SZ vs Cyrax

CYracks

Command Grabber
I main both these characters. I had no idea 2,1,2 ice clone in the corner means Cyrax can't throw nets.

Seapeople

This one's for you
Very good matchup analysis, especially about the midscreen counterzoning stuff. This is why we need Tom on Blake's Sub Zero Kouncil.

Knowing which projectiles cause characters to get frozen after the 212~clone trap is extremely important. Here's a list of all of them that I posted a long time ago:

Sindel:
High fireball/Ex high fireball

Ermac:
Teleslam/Ex Teleslam

Johnny Cage:
Ex fireballs (only if blocked)

Kitana:
Ground fan/Ex ground fan

Jade:
All boomerangs/Ex boomerangs

Cyrax:
Net/Ex net
Sticky bombs
Medium bomb becomes extremely difficult to use

Sonya:
Energy Ring/Ex energy ring

Shang Tsung:
Soul Steal
Ex Straight Skull

Kabal:
Ground Saw/Ex Ground Saw

Quan Chi:
Trance/Ex Trance

Cyber Sub Zero:
Medium bomb becomes extremely difficult to use

Skarlet:
Dagger/Ex Dagger

Rain:
Geyser Kick/Ex Geyser Kick
Water Buble/Ex Water Buble
Ex Aqua Splash

Kenshi:
Rising Karma/Ex Rising Karma
All overhead smashes/Ex overhead smashes

Freddy:
Glove Toss

About Cyrax's command grab...I basically never do a command grab into jip since that can get blown up the way Tom described in the video. Instead I just command grab straight into another command grab since it can't be ducked/jumped if timed correctly. I think Sub Zero's best option to escape this is to use d1...d1 will tech Cyrax's command grab or poke him if he happens to mistime it.
The command grab is the best rushdown tool in the game imo. No risk and very high reward.

Tom do you have any tech that can help deal with Cyblax's teleport? The best way I've found to deal with it is that you get a guaranteed 212 blockstring afterward, but this still gets him out of the corner for free. His bombs also have a deceptively bigger range than Cyrax, and I think he can throw nets behind the 212~clone trap without getting frozen (I can't confirm that 100% though). Even though he does a little less damage than Robo Cyrax, he still hits like a truck and shuts down Sub Zero even worse imo.