What's new

BOYCOT; NRS TAKES US FOR GRANTED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's be clear again. The whole scandal about custom variations is massively unethical. To charge 100 dollars for what will not even be the complete edition of your product, is unethical. To ask people to pay in advance for this and quasi reward them for it, is unethical. To not support your content creators is unethical.

I don't care about Scoprion's teleport. I don't lose to scorpions. It should be adjusted yes, but it's the state and staleness of the game that matters.
Scandal? There's no scandal here. I'm glad they're letting the competitive scene play out before letting people go nuts on custom variations. A large part of your argument is predicated on the fact that they're not balance patching quickly enough for your liking, but then you're chastising NRS for not including a feature that will make balance (or at least the perception of it) fly completely off the rails.

I mean, if you want to "boycott" the game by not playing anymore, that's entirely your right. But it's really hard for me to see this as an ethical issue versus the game just not being exactly what individual people want.

Tanya-Fan-28

TanyaShouldBeInMK11
I just want to be able to skip through fatalities :p. I can see the franchise going downhill years down the road because players hate sitting through them. Good for promo, yes but they lose there novelty when you see them over & over. Streamers will edit them out in their videos all the time.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I just want to be able to skip through fatalities :p. I can see the franchise going downhill years down the road because players hate sitting through them. Good for promo, yes but they lose there novelty when you see them over & over. Streamers will edit them out in their videos all the time.
I don't believe so. We're a minority here. The masses that play this game are more casual and love fatalities. Why do you think the MK videos on Youtube with the most views are of fatalities?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I get where you're coming from TS, but presentation is everything.

Is this another nerf Scorpion's teleport thread?
Come on. How exactly does Scorpion's teleport (let's be honest, that's what this thread is about) cause you to be scammed out of your money?
All threads should be nerf Scorpion threads until it actually happens. The distaste for such abominable design must be forever expressed, daily, on all platforms until change is made. Be part of the revolution, or you're part of the problem.

Brahhhhs.

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
Okay, after milling over it for a bit, I can kinda see OP's point about games charging full price for half-baked experiences, but MK11 feels like a very minor offender, if it falls into the camp at all. Yes, customs not being tournament-legal after the promotion heavily pushed moves we can't even USE in Ranked is an issue, but it's an issue that NRS addressed damn near immediately and will eventually fix. Not to mention that you can still use custom variations in casual online, so technically not false advertising for the main demographic aka. casual players.

If you want an example of a game that had no business charging full price for the state it launched in, look at Fallout: 76. Hell, go back a few years and look at No Man's Sky, a game where SEVERAL of the touted features leading up to its launch just straight up weren't in the vanilla game.

I'm not trying to say the game is perfect, and if the balance patch doesn't fix the bullshit going on right now, then I'll definitely make my voice known, but calls for a boycott right now is a leap at best, and counter-productive at worst, especially since, like some have already said, this is the most balanced launch an NRS game has had, save for a few outliers.

Let me make this very clear. This is no way a reflection of entitlement.

But in a time where you charge 100 dollars for what will ultimately not even be your finished product, you do not get to false advertise and prey on a locked in player base without any repercussions.

This is a company that is so concerned with extracting every cent from its players that it will outright mislead its player base months prior to release.

The overwhelming majority of content creators and active users have asked for a patch to remove the OP stuff in your game.

You refuse to do it. Because of your tournament circuit and you'd rather parade around birthday shoutouts and two invalid employees who suck at playing your game (however nice as they may be) for more advertising.

You killed your prior games because you refuse to patch them. Too little too late. This is taking it to a whole new level. Patch your game already and stop using false advertising in your trailers and promotional materials to sell your product.
I understand where you’re coming from, but hitbox issues should be their main concern.

It’ll make so many more characters better because they’ll have access to their high strings/moves.

This is probably the most balanced a vanilla MK game has been ever. I think they should patch in seasons so DLC doesn’t end up being broken.

Let me make this very clear. This is no way a reflection of entitlement.

But in a time where you charge 100 dollars for what will ultimately not even be your finished product, you do not get to false advertise and prey on a locked in player base without any repercussions.

This is a company that is so concerned with extracting every cent from its players that it will outright mislead its player base months prior to release.

The overwhelming majority of content creators and active users have asked for a patch to remove the OP stuff in your game.

You refuse to do it. Because of your tournament circuit and you'd rather parade around birthday shoutouts and two invalid employees who suck at playing your game (however nice as they may be) for more advertising.

You killed your prior games because you refuse to patch them. Too little too late. This is taking it to a whole new level. Patch your game already and stop using false advertising in your trailers and promotional materials to sell your product.
For Mkx people where doing steady online tournaments until launch of mk11 and yet nrs "killed it"??

You are an idiot if you pay for a game that you know you don't know all of what's going to be in it and then get mad if what you want isn't in it

Oh I'm not leaving the community. Sorry bud. The only way to provoke change is an organized boycott.

NRS and WB could be actively lobbying youtube to allow creators to monetize their content but they won't do that either.
People have literally already tried to boycott/petition nrs
Skipping fatalities almost defeats the entire purpose of them

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
This thread is misguided in so many ways that I don’t know where to start.

I’d leave it open, except for the fact that it’s not going to have any effect on patching whatsoever and is just going to lead to bickering, flaming, and going down an ugly road.

The majority of people haven’t asked for anything. NRS will be patient with the patch regardless of what anyone says, because that’s how you craft a decent balance patch.

Feel free to take your boycott to Reddit, but this is not the place for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.