What's new

Bout to ask a real noob question

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Trying to pick up KF, got the hang vortex, but my 1 problem? How to keep U3 from coming out as a J3. Any tips on this or am I just a scrub?

F4tal

Noob
Just keep practicing the timing and you will get the hang of it. One of my friends who mains her said that once he saw her feet land on the ground after doing an U3 that's when he would do another. Weird, but he said it helps him :)

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Just keep practicing the timing and you will get the hang of it. One of my friends who mains her said that once he saw her feet land on the ground after doing an U3 that's when he would do another. Weird, but he said it helps him :)
For us Dark Souls players, we do the same stuff for parry timings. When enemy or weapon type A's hand is at point B, hit your parry then. Didn't think about that, I'll try it out, thanks dude

That's not a noob question. A lot of people have that problem.

Do it later. You can't buffer it like you can most normals - if you try you get the jump. It's fine if you do it a little too late and your opponent ends up low. If that happens, instead of doing f112~slide or 22~slide, just do 2~slide and you'll continue the combo for only about 2% lost damage. Well worth it.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
That's not a noob question. A lot of people have that problem.

Do it later. You can't buffer it like you can most normals - if you try you get the jump. It's fine if you do it a little too late and your opponent ends up low. If that happens, instead of doing f112~slide or 22~slide, just do 2~slide and you'll continue the combo for only about 2% lost damage. Well worth it.
Meh, I'm not a damage whore, I'll only do like 30's with Hawkgirl and keep opponents down with the pressure. Thanks man

Lilith

Baebality
Trying to pick up KF, got the hang vortex, but my 1 problem? How to keep U3 from coming out as a J3. Any tips on this or am I just a scrub?
I mastered that part realizing its more about timing and waiting a bit for me. THE DAMN FREEZE MOTION IS SO HARD ON STICK THO and i am completely balls at doing it Q_Q so i feel your pain.

Meh, I'm not a damage whore, I'll only do like 30's with Hawkgirl and keep opponents down with the pressure. Thanks man
Try to crack 33 on your bnbs so that you maintain 3-touch kills. It's not too hard to do that with KF. You'll find that KF doesn't quite have the neutral game that Hawkgirl does. You're about 4 months too late for that unfortunately.

F4tal

Noob
As a Hawkgirl main, I tend to get around mid 20% mid screen and no less than 46% in the corner. Such a good character with a lot of potential.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Try to crack 33 on your bnbs so that you maintain 3-touch kills. It's not too hard to do that with KF. You'll find that KF doesn't quite have the neutral game that Hawkgirl does. You're about 4 months too late for that unfortunately.
Lol, I've been playing Bane and HG for months with a pocket Grundy, I feel it's time to move up :p

Lilith I'm fine at hitting her command grab (and Bane's) offline in combos, but I'm too cheap to buy a stick. My problem is Back inputs coming out as Back Up and that royally fucks me up all the time. If you ever play me, you'll see me randomly jump back 2 or 3 all the time mid-combo, it'd be funny if it didn't cost me matches :'(

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
As a Hawkgirl main, I tend to get around mid 20% mid screen and no less than 46% in the corner. Such a good character with a lot of potential.
Highest I'll try and hit is 42% with her flight ending combos. Can't land the air mace charge as consistently as I did day 1, so keep it like 30-35 unless I want to look flashy (I'm boring as hell to watch sometimes)