What's new

Boss usage in MK10?

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Back in MK3 and MKT you can use the bosses in the game no problem, also in MK4 and MKA but (im talking about 2D games not 3D games) anyways, in MK9 they didnt even bother to put the bosses in thegame on consules. ppl who use PC were lucky b/c they jailbreaked or "Modded" the game so you can use the bosses. Would you like to have the bosses in the game for use? but only banned online so it wont be cheating and banned offline in tourneys and casuals. I mean just use them to fuck around, OR have them tweaked so for example Shao Kahn can take normal damage as a normal character can take and have some of his moves nerfed to level out the gameplay. Just some thoughts.

Last edited:

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
Not in "boss" form. If they simply had double or triple health in game like Shang in Tag ladder sure... but characters like Gore and Kahan would be stupid

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
They should only be playable after beating the game, and they should add an online option as to whether or not you can use them.

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
I agree with your Idea though, but when ppl get online the game should automatically make those character be not be pickable, only offline.
If NRS is smart like I know they are, then we should hopefully be okay. My best guess is that they'll be locked for ranked matches, but made playable for player matches. I'm hoping they fix the ranking system and rank people on true skill rather than wins.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
If NRS is smart like I know they are, then we should hopefully be okay. My best guess is that they'll be locked for ranked matches, but made playable for player matches. I'm hoping they fix the ranking system and rank people on true skill rather than wins.
If its player matches like 1v1 and friends you know well yeah I would be down for that, I just hope they get that Idea through their heads.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
i wouldnt mind paying 5 bucks for shao khan or kintaro
Yeah I guess, but since MK9 came out in 2011 I bought it then when I heard the Komplete Edition came out I had to buy it again so all the DLC would be included lol thats just me though I dont necessarily like to buy DLC unless I know a game is good enough and is gonna be a GOTY.

Hm, I think maybe in like offline modes or something--I don't personally care to use bosses, but I understand that others do and that would be nice for them.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
That up charge attack is like in infinite, somewhat they can tweak it so that wouldn't be an infinite.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
No because they will be broken to shiiiiiiiit. Good for kombo videos, but for online, no way.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
It's a nice idea but someone would find a way to hack it and make bosses playable online, and piss everyone off.
I wouldnt doubt that but I thought they made the slimmer version and update the ps3 so they wouldnt hack it or "jailbreak" the system. If they did that to the PS4 now it would be too obvious and they could get caught.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
I wouldnt doubt that but I thought they made the slimmer version and update the ps3 so they wouldnt hack it or "jailbreak" the system. If they did that to the PS4 now it would be too obvious and they could get caught.
Would probably happen on the pc version, but who knows?