What's new

Boon says sales for PC version of Mortal Kombat 9 are "WAY, WAY above expectations" and teases MK 10

acedakid210

itz_daedae
After playing injustice for quite some time i tried to dive back into mortal kombat and everything just felt so.....off it feels stiff compared to injustice i hope mk10 is as loose as injustice i think i'd like it more!

Naka80

Real-life ninja. XD
After playing injustice for quite some time i tried to dive back into mortal kombat and everything just felt so.....off it feels stiff compared to injustice i hope mk10 is as loose as injustice i think i'd like it more!

I did the same, but when I dive back to MK9, everything just felt so... DAMN GOOD!
So I dropped Injustice forever.
I hope to never see any Injustice mechanics in MK10.

They'll care when Kratos gets ported to PC lmfao
Isn't the PC port based on the xbox version of the game?
/me shrinks back into the shadows...
If I remember correctly from a modding thread in the MK9 General Discussion forum, Kratos' movelist exists in PC files, but are unusable (due to Kratos' character model being nonexistent) unless you replace a character's movelist with Kratos'.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
@ P0stHuman, MK 9 isn't clunky and stiff...

Nice. Keep KL and Kabal dead please for MK10 :)

Good news for the PC version, surprised myself.

good news then .... MK9 doing well in PC number sales, can possible open opportunity for IGAU be ported in 2015 for PC plataform, and , who knows, maybe MK10 having a PC port version more or less at the same time as the consoles versions release come out ? :D
Hah no way! To maximize their sales, PC versions must be released 1-2 years after the console versions. Or else people will just download hacked PC versions.

Mattman

Warlock Nerd
I think i like Boxy's prediction with the Deadly Alliance II title. i know the 3D games are mostly considered crap but i actually really enjoyed MKDA when it was released

DarkSlayerSmith

Fundamentals in real life
ho
"We lost count"? Of how many times Liu Kang died? 2
how many times he died for a sti
"Endian", and it's to do with the order the processor stores bytes in memory. A 32-bit number is 4 bytes, and some processor architectures store them [01][02][03][04] (big endian) while others would store it [04][03][02][01] (little endian). As to what impact this has, setting the 32-bit number from "0" to "1" would change the value of [01], which is the first byte in a big endian system, and the fourth byte in a little endian system.

It hardly affects the code at all, but greatly affects the format the files are stored in. If the order of the bytes in the files doesn't match what the processor expects then your 32-bit number of "1" would actually become "16777216" - a bit of a difference!
/me shrinks back into the shadows...
NERD-ALITY!

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
i hope CSZ is in MK10 (or they bring back cyber Smoke instead) and Shinnok is the end boss.

Also, less cleavage and more almost-naked men instead. Sounds fair to me!

glonglon

Noob
If MK9 PC sales are above expectations, I don't understand why Netherrealm still refuse to release a balance patch for MK9. We all know that Kabal & cyrax need nerfs, some others chars (kano, stryker, jade...) also needs massive buffs to make them competitive. Some incredibly good and easy to implement balance ideas have been proposed on TYM forums.

To compare :

When I play LoL there is a balance patch every 2 weeks.

When I play SC2 there is a balance patch every month.

When I play SSF4 AE, I know I can win with every char, even dan. Btw, this year evo champion was a Gen player.

When I play MK9, I'll have to deal with the same obvious flaws until the release of MK10, no joke ! This is why the competitive scene of MK is so small cause netherrealm just don't care about their players and e-sport, their main goal is to release and sell a game every 2 years, no more.

Netherrealm, I hate you for not caring ! Your studio will never have the same aura as capcom, riot or blizzard.

Regards.

Element_

The First Element
I can never believe anything that Boon say's , well any guy with bushy eye brows that are S-Tier is guna troll.