What's new

Boon possibly hinting at "Blue Beetle" in recent tweet, here's why

Reedoms

Noob
Hasn't the BB series been give the flick by DC due to poor sales?

Last I heard, he was rebooted in the New 52, but sales were terrible so the series has been ended.

Unlikely DC would want a discontinued character to take a slot on Injustice.
By that logic, Green Arrow shouldn't be in either. He's been selling pretty awfully for the past year and a half. Deathstroke was even worse when Liefeld came on. Nearly killed the book then and there.

But I think Beetle's ongoing still has 1 or 2 issues left then he's going off to Threshold or something.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Blue Beetle honestly should be in the game. He's the best choice for latin american representation. Yes I know Bane is latin american, but he's from a make believe island, and honestly has never sounded or looked latin aside from a vaguely lucha mask. Plus the movie Bane confuses his origin pretty horribly with his speech patterns.

Blue Beetle on the otherhand is pretty much the face for latin superheroes in DC. In addition to "a hero for every culture" aspect he brings (similar to what old school wrestling feds got over by doing) he offers a TON with his powers. Essentially he has the power to generate weaponry based upon the type of opposition he faces. He is most famous for the projectile staple that pins opponents, flight, and beams. He's basically in this respect able to be the Cyrax net user I've been hoping for and with the adaptable power it could be a good take on the Shang Tsung aspect.

Gimmick ability could very well be to use one of his opponent's specials or abilities. It would make counterpick matches quite unique since someone with say a character they are good as would NOT want to take on a Blue Beetle in a tourney because the character using their move may gain setups or combos that are FAR too strong on the verge of broken.

It'd add a lot to the mind game of matchups that everytime you face a Beetle you'd have to fight his potential to gain setups and combo options versus your favorite dude that make you uneasy in selecting your main. Folks might counterpick a Beetle by learning to play cast against him that dont lend Beetle good options.

Blue Beetle honestly should be in the game. He's the best choice for latin american representation. Yes I know Bane is latin american, but he's from a make believe island, and honestly has never sounded or looked latin aside from a vaguely lucha mask. Plus the movie Bane confuses his origin pretty horribly with his speech patterns.

Blue Beetle on the otherhand is pretty much the face for latin superheroes in DC. In addition to "a hero for every culture" aspect he brings (similar to what old school wrestling feds got over by doing) he offers a TON with his powers. Essentially he has the power to generate weaponry based upon the type of opposition he faces. He is most famous for the projectile staple that pins opponents, flight, and beams. He's basically in this respect able to be the Cyrax net user I've been hoping for and with the adaptable power it could be a good take on the Shang Tsung aspect.

Gimmick ability could very well be to use one of his opponent's specials or abilities. It would make counterpick matches quite unique since someone with say a character they are good as would NOT want to take on a Blue Beetle in a tourney because the character using their move may gain setups or combos that are FAR too strong on the verge of broken.

It'd add a lot to the mind game of matchups that everytime you face a Beetle you'd have to fight his potential to gain setups and combo options versus your favorite dude that make you uneasy in selecting your main. Folks might counterpick a Beetle by learning to play cast against him that dont lend Beetle good options.
Blue Beetle, Static, Lobo, Starfire, Red Hood! C'mon NRS!

BlackBryan

B*tch Distributor
By that logic, Green Arrow shouldn't be in either. He's been selling pretty awfully for the past year and a half. Deathstroke was even worse when Liefeld came on. Nearly killed the book then and there.

But I think Beetle's ongoing still has 1 or 2 issues left then he's going off to Threshold or something.
Give me you're drugs. Arrow is in the top 10 of tv right now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Dude, how can you say something like that?
There were like a shit load of reveals in the last month!
In the prior few months we didn't have any information about the characters and now, we already have between 18 or 20 :-O

Lex Luthor, Bane, Raven, Shazam, Aquaman! All new reveals :)
i meant, if we are looking that much into things it's because someone is desperate. i'm aware there were a ton of information last week and i like it, and there's more to come!

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
I want Rorschach but I know thats not happening anytime soon :( so I'll have to settle for some other characters.. Blue Beetle looks pretty boss imo and I'm definitely gonna use Manhunter if he gets confirmed
well the char i wanted most "V" is 100% not going to happen so that swamp thing is my 2nd fav DC char im trying to push for him, if both them arent in, ill be pretty bumed.

it prob same reason to why the 3 of them wont be in...alan fucking moore :mad:

I don't think that Watchmen and V characters have a chance to make it in.
The only "out of the context" characters which I could see being in the game are the ones from Stormwatch (old Authority), but this late in the run and with so many characters reveal I don't see Apollo, Midnighter, Jack Hawksmoore and so on making it in.

Unfortunately.

Zmoke

= zσмвιє ѕмσкє, тнє cυяяєηт ѕтαтυѕ σƒ тσм νявα∂αѕѕ
First of, I will apologize for the incoherent news lead I sent to you, STORMS – I was tired back when I sent it – yet it indeed seems heavily like a reference to The Blue Beetle in the end. What comes to the tweets preceding Injustice's release, Ed Boon has almost always referred to an upcoming revelation with his music tweets – this is probably no exception. Now that the dust has settled down a bit; the song of reference, to me, seems like "La De Da" rather than "Hey Jude" (albeit both are popular songs by Ringo).

Let us take a closer look at the gibberish Ed wrote: "La... la la.. lede da.... la la, le laaaaaa la !!" – you will find the key words here: "lede da". Following the music of Billy Squier, Ringo Starr's "La De Da" seems the most logical bet. See, Ringo Starr is a Beatle AND the lyrics say "When I get blue" – referring to the host of the blue scarab. The bug has been under the magnifying glass lately as well.

I live my life, it's only right
'Cause I can't live your life for you.
I'm satisfied, feeling high
'Cause I found out just what to do.
Oh, you can bet I never let the things I get get the best of me.
When I get blue, here's what I do and so can you,
It is no mystery when you sing.
La la de da, like que sera sera,
Whatever la de da, la de da,
All you gotta say is la de da.
the Beatle that "gets blue" = The Blue Beetle

After reading this article, Ed Boon would be thinking: "All you gotta say is la de da!"

First of, I will apologize for the incoherent news lead I sent to you, STORMS – I was tired back when I sent it – yet it indeed seems heavily like a reference to The Blue Beetle in the end. What comes to the tweets preceding Injustice's release, Ed Boon has almost always referred to an upcoming revelation with his music tweets – this is probably no exception. Now that the dust has settled down a bit; the song of reference, to me, seems like "La De Da" rather than "Hey Jude" (both are popular songs by Ringo Starr though).

Let us take a closer look at the gibberish Ed wrote:"La... la la.. lede da.... la la, le laaaaaa la !!" – you will find the key words here: "lede da". Following the music of Billy Squier, Ringo Starr's "La De Da" seems the most logical bet. See, Ringo Starr is a Beatle AND the lyrics say "When I get blue" – referring to the host of the blue scarab.

I live my life, it's only right
'Cause i can't live your life for you.
I'm satisfied, feeling high
'Cause i found out just what to do.
Oh, you can bet i never let the things i get get the best of me.
When i get blue, here's what i do and so can you,
It is no mystery when you sing.
La la de da, like que sera sera,
Whatever la de da, la de da,
All you gotta say is la de da.
the Beatle that "gets blue" = The Blue Beetle

After reading this article, Ed Boon would be thinking: "All you gotta say is la de da!"
lol. that's awesome

well the char i wanted most "V" is 100% not going to happen so that swamp thing is my 2nd fav DC char im trying to push for him, if both them arent in, ill be pretty bumed.

it prob same reason to why the 3 of them wont be in...alan fucking moore :mad:
lol yeah exactly but DC fucked him over hard. Hopefully theyll be dlc man, that would be tight i would use all 3 of them

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I don't see characters from the Watchmen making it in. It seems NRS is sticking to a certain brand of DC and characters that have "crossed over" before.

Justice

Noob
Actually, this song as written reminds me of the Piano Man by Billy Joel. Is there a DC character that plays the piano or uses piano wire for something?