What's new

Boon maybe hinting at Black Lightning

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I would like to see Black Mask.

I'm gonna be a bit annoyed if once again we have a black character shoehorned in as a premiere skin. It's ridiculous.
Crazy that they did not just use John Stewart for green lantern. Seems like a no brainier to me. He is way popular and a greta choice to add some diversity into the game. Lets face it comics being mainly 30s and 50s thing .. diversity is a little thin!

Sorry for my ignorance, but who's Black Hand?

Black Hand is another Lantern. He is from the event "darkest night"... basically he is "Judge Death" but in DC comics. Dead guy, makes other guys into zombies. Trying to destroy all life.

He is actually a lot cooler than it sounds and would make a great addition to the game, but like Atrocious should be a new char... not a lantern skin.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind

Black Hand is another Lantern. He is from the event "darkest night"... basically he is "Judge Death" but in DC comics. Dead guy, makes other guys into zombies. Trying to destroy all life.

He is actually a lot cooler than it sounds and would make a great addition to the game, but like Atrocious should be a new char... not a lantern skin.
Very interesting. I would love to see him as Premiere Skin for GL, but the problem would be his powers that are different from GL, judging by what you described. I don't think that we'll see him in INJ2.

Somea2V

Thread Referee
Black Siren was one of the rumored premiere skins from an earlier list floating around, so it could be her.

I'm gonna be a bit annoyed if once again we have a black character shoehorned in as a premiere skin. It's ridiculous.
In John Stewart's case, that's the way it had to be. Hal Jordan is the most boring Green Lantern, but also the most recognizable.

However, it is a fucking travesty that we get Raiden and Black Lightning is MAYBE a premier skin for that character. Boon and Co. need to get their heads out of their asses and realize we already bought Injustice in surplus. We don't need MK characters to bolster the MK community, especially when the DC mythology is three times older and a hundred times deeper than MK.

In John Stewart's case, that's the way it had to be. Hal Jordan is the most boring Green Lantern, but also the most recognizable.

However, it is a fucking travesty that we get Raiden and Black Lightning is MAYBE a premier skin for that character. Boon and Co. need to get their heads out of their asses and realize we already bought Injustice in surplus. We don't need MK characters to bolster the MK community, especially when the DC mythology is three times older and a hundred times deeper than MK.
Somebody gets it

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder

Could be worse. If this was a Marvel fighter, only half the characters would actually be from the comics.

cashthesehands

monster masher

*cough* Vixen *cough*

Somea2V

Thread Referee
*cough* Vixen *cough*
There's no justification to be made for Vixen. John Stewart was a casualty of Hal's popularity. Cheetah is barely a recognizable villain in the mainstream DC, and only made it because we lacked a Wonder Woman villain. While Vixen is becoming more and more popular thanks to the CW.

trufenix

bye felicia

So why is it do you think that guests are proven so successful and in universe characters are not?

Somea2V

Thread Referee
I just wondering how exactly they have their heads up their asses when three games in a row, the guests have been the dominant sellers. Like, are they not supposed to give people what they want?
To clarify some things, I meant ass-head relations in regards to Injustice 2. They also have been doing the guest character song and dance for four games now, not three.

And yes, guest characters may have been welcomed in MK. But they faced semi-public backlash for including a second round of guest characters on top of the first with MKX. However, let's step over to what's relevant.

Injustice 1 featured one guest character, who sold well by comparison to the other DLC characters but was still questioned as to his inclusion compared to the rich universe of DC as a whole. The response to Sub Zero and Raiden has been quite less tame as the backlash has been more public and vocal over the use of MK guest characters compared to comic universe guests.

Given the questions they faced for Scorpion in IGAU and the backlash over Leatherface and Alien, you'd think they wouldn't rethought their position on guests seeing as how they had a thousand or so other characters from in universe to choose from. But buttock ear muffs provide great insulation, I guess.

As to their sales, whoop di doo. People buy DLC. This isn't news. People are also assholes, and likely inflated guest sales as public outcry was made. If we're addressing what people want, I'm pretty sure the community and interested non-investors thus far haven't been hoping for Raiden and Cage to be included.

trufenix

bye felicia
To clarify some things, I meant ass-head relations in regards to Injustice 2. They also have been doing the guest character song and dance for four games now, not three.

And yes, guest characters may have been welcomed in MK. But they faced semi-public backlash for including a second round of guest characters on top of the first with MKX. However, let's step over to what's relevant.

Injustice 1 featured one guest character, who sold well by comparison to the other DLC characters but was still questioned as to his inclusion compared to the rich universe of DC as a whole. The response to Sub Zero and Raiden has been quite less tame as the backlash has been more public and vocal over the use of MK guest characters compared to comic universe guests.

Given the questions they faced for Scorpion in IGAU and the backlash over Leatherface and Alien, you'd think they wouldn't rethought their position on guests seeing as how they had a thousand or so other characters from in universe to choose from. But buttock ear muffs provide great insulation, I guess.

As to their sales, whoop di doo. People buy DLC. This isn't news. People are also assholes, and likely inflated guest sales as public outcry was made. If we're addressing what people want, I'm pretty sure the community and interested non-investors thus far haven't been hoping for Raiden and Cage to be included.
What is "outcry"? Angry tweets? Mean youtubes? Hacked facebooks? Petitions? If sales numbers say one thing and a bunch of bitchy fans (who bought it anyway) say otherwise, who are they supposed to listen to?

Somea2V

Thread Referee
What is "outcry"? Angry tweets? Mean youtubes? Hacked facebooks? Petitions? If sales numbers say one thing and a bunch of bitchy fans (who bought it anyway) say otherwise, who are they supposed to listen to?
Clearly money, as our voices and opinions have no meaning.

Somea2V

Thread Referee
So the peopleproviding the money lack voices and opinion? Or is only an angry voice relevant?
What are you even trying to argue at this point? An angry voice is not the only one that's relevant. But just because the guest fighters are being purchased, especially given the DLC bundling methods of the past four games and the lack of prompting by NRS as to what the characters would be, does not mean they are some empirically accepted and desired addition to the game.