What's new

Tech Bola Vortex j2 set-up 65% (Midscreen - One bar)

Kitana Prime

Top-tier at everything but the characters I choose
Yes. You hit the J2 on the way up, with enough time to complete the combo on the other side once you land. The Bat Evade gives you the perfect spacing for said mixup So, you can mix up with doing the J2 before or after you cross up. Been doing it with Harley since forever.

....Except Harley has no 'real' vortex
So this is infinitely more deadly :/

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
And of course the bat evade dive kick resets the combo (together with trait, whiffed ground/air normals?), but I am sure that is known for all Batgirl players?

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
And of course the bat evade resets the combo (together with trait, whiffed ground/air normals?), but I am sure that is known for all Batgirl players?
Nope, no it doesn't.

That was patched out. It was the way she did her old infinite. It may still work in training mode, but it definitely doesn't work in match.

SimSim

Nope, no it doesn't.

That was patched out. It was the way she did her old infinite. It may still work in training mode, but it definitely doesn't work in match.
Well, it works for all other characters with a freeze/trap move. "Resets" means that the combo stops though, and I am sure the old infinite wasn't built on the mechanic of a reset? Per definition that is just impossible. I bet Batgirl had a bug where the combo didn't reset, but the bola did.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Well, it works for all other characters with a freeze/trap move. "Resets" means that the combo stops though, and I am sure the old infinite wasn't built on the mechanic of a reset? Per definition that is just impossible. I bet Batgirl had a bug where the combo didn't reset, but the bola did.
No, that's what her infinite was.

From bola;

MB, b3, d2~bf1 whiff something or trait; repeat.

It kept resetting and was unblockable, hence the infinite. Her bola was also glitched so that it didn't use a bar when meter burned but that's been fixed.

SimSim

No, that's what her infinite was.

From bola;

MB, b3, d2~bf1 whiff something or trait; repeat.

It kept resetting and was unblockable, hence the infinite. Her bola was also glitched so that it didn't use a bar when meter burned but that's been fixed.

So her bola became an unblockable and reset the combo counter?

Edit: I see.. the MB glitch made it unblockable. I wouldn't be so sure that the reset property was taken away though. As you can see in the video in this thread, the evade dive kick does reset the combo counter (Unless it is perfectly timed as they get out of the trap which I doubt very much). I confirmed this tech for a lot of characters last month. Maybe I should make a general thread about it. Thought it was more known.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
So her bola became an unblockable and reset the combo counter?

Edit: I see.. the MB glitch made it unblockable. I wouldn't be so sure that the reset property was taken away though. As you can see in the video in this thread, the evade dive kick does reset the combo counter (Unless it is perfectly timed as they get out of the trap which I doubt very much). I confirmed this tech for a lot of characters last month. Maybe I should make a general thread about it. Thought it was more known.
Have you done it in a match? I think it wasn't patched in training mode (or training mode still glitches out or something).

SimSim

Have you done it in a match? I think it wasn't patched in training mode (or training mode still glitches out or something).

They might have fixed the reset for batgirl along with the mb bug (I don't play Batgirl), but it works in matches for characters like Zod and Green Arrow at least.

Edit: you don't have to do any extensive research to confirm this btw. I will do some research and make thread with videos about this after the weekend.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I just tried this; her bola infinite was still in the game I played O_O.

Did they not fully remove it or did the new patch screw things up?

SimSim

I just tried this; her bola infinite was still in the game I played O_O.

Did they not fully remove it or did the new patch screw things up?

Are you sure it was an infinite and not using meter? Because I would think the reset part should work: Whiffing something while they are caught with bola should make them able to block. MB might still be able to unblockable hit them after that, but it should at the very least use meter? (This would still be stupid though-They should have removed the ability to MB after the reset)

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Are you sure it was an infinite and not using meter? Because I would think the reset part should work: Whiffing something while they are caught with bola should make them able to block. MB might still be able to unblockable hit them after that, but it should at the very least use meter? (This would still be stupid though-They should have removed the ability to MB after the reset)
Yeah you're right :). Wasn't aware it still reset the combo counter. You learn something new everyday huh.

When I was testing it, I didn't have the other person blocking. Just used my toe and held down and confirmed you can block it.

E

Eldriken

Yeah you're right :). Wasn't aware it still reset the combo counter. You learn something new everyday huh.

When I was testing it, I didn't have the other person blocking. Just used my toe and held down and confirmed you can block it.
Haha. I've done stuff similar to that before.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
Can someone help explain this thing to me because when I get the bola to hit and then the BE3 attack it seems like they jsyt break free of the bola before I even go into attack.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Can someone help explain this thing to me because when I get the bola to hit and then the BE3 attack it seems like they jsyt break free of the bola before I even go into attack.
As soon as you bola, db33. Then either b1 or ji2, d2 (or ji2, 111 to remain safe-ish)

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
so zod can get a reset with his familiar? how does that work?