What's new

Tech - Bojutsu Bo swat OS

kappie.wp

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Hi guys,

Haven't seen anyone mention anything about Kung Jin's option selects so thought I might as well share assuming some people don't know about them.

I was labbing a bit the past few days trying to find some new KJ tech when I thought I'd look for some option selects. I managed to find 2 useful ones. I don't have any decent recording equipment and my internet at home is ass so I don't really bother connecting my ps online so you guys are more than welcome to try it and record/post your testing.

The two strings are his 221 and b143.

221 (high, mid, mid):

2 being his fastest normal at 7frames and cancelable with bo swat after 22. Not exactly the most conventional use of it but it's worth the advantage of the option select. And yes, 221 is an easy hit confirm into bo spin for max damage but this OS is great for meterless damage.

The OS inputs are 22~bo swat, any direction 1. I found that b1 was easier after the bf4 for the bo swat. On block you get 221 which is safe at -2. On hit you get 22~bo swat and you can go for your standard BnB. I opt for 22~bo swat, run 34, iADk, run 34~bo swing.

b143 (low, mid, mid):

b1 being a low starter at 13frames and cancelable with bo swat after b14. I opt for b143 instead of the b14d4 (low, mid, low) because b14d4 is punishable on block (-13 iirc).

The OS inputs are b14~bo swat, any direction 3. Once again b3 was easier for me after bf4 (bo swat). On block you get b143 which is safe at -5. On hit you get b14~bo swat into BnB.

The easiest way to practice/test this is to set the practice dummy to block random combos and just go at it.

@CoRzz Jin @MF SLAYER @FOREVER KING @PND OmegaK @OtherKJMains

Last edited:

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Nice mate. I think the reason a lot of Jin players aren't using his option selects is because most of his strings are hitconfirmable anyways hahaha. The b14 one looks really helpful though :)

kappie.wp

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Nice mate. I think the reason a lot of Jin players aren't using his option selects is because most of his strings are hitconfirmable anyways hahaha. The b14 one looks really helpful though :)
Yeah, I think the b14 OS is a more practical one seeing that you can't really hit confirm it ... well, at least I have trouble hit confirming it lol

Last edited:

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
B214, bo swat, f.

With the right timing on the last directional input you get a full combo on hit, no special on block (leaving you at -9, but nobody is going to punish it).

BlackKen

Noob
I've been struggling with this for weeks (when one of the first OSes was discovered for Scorpion)? Any clarity on the timing? I've tried doing it fast and slow and everything in between so I must be missing something.