What's new

Guide BnBs, Resets, AAs, Corner Damage, Blockstrings Fancy Combos

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Hey guys, to everyone who is willing to main Skarlet at evo, this is my gift, in order to increase your damage and so, then maybe you want to be checking this out.
This is a video i wanted to do from a very long time, it took me some days and i had to decide what left out, so i did left out the Jump Kicks combos, and Daggers anti-airs, but the essense of Skarlet Damage output its there, i hope you guys enjoy it. And thanks in advance for the time taken.

The video format is not too hard to understand, it starts out by showing how to use the inputs and later on it focus on the little details, as you guys will notice with the addictional hints that will ramdomly display in the hud.

RedRaptor10 AssassiN Ninj L0rdoftheFLY FCP/EMP SCAR SaJa Critical-Limit LionHeart Flagg xarakamaka UsedForGlue

Other Combo Artists who have inspired me into this content
JAP TONY-T TylerLantern Check
Maxter or @CDjr i dunno if Crazy Dominican still checks the forum, so i'm tagging you guys instead, maybe he might want add some stuff to his research one last time.

STORMS, if you want to front page this, pls watch it and see it if its still worth Front Page MK9 Content ^^
Welcome to the Skarlet Combo Compilation video.

Meterless Midscreen BnBs
--- 212 and 0:26
--- B11F4 1:09
--- B2 1:34
---- red dash up slash/down slash templates 2:10
--- F4 2:35
--- U3 & B1 examples 3:29

RESETS
--- Resets 4:11

---- BGPO Rules (BGPO means "B"lockstrings, "G"rab, "P"ressure,
"O"verhead). When Skarlet performs a reset, the gets the oportunity
of using one of these according to what you read.
if the opponent blocks crouching after a reset he gets open for a
Overhead, pressure, blockstring on crouch block or grab, if he blocks standing he gets open for
blockstrings on standing combos.
in case they being good at fuzzy guard, you can also play mindgames
to open up their guarding

+Frames Rules on Resets ( in order to make your block string non armorable skarlet has to
get from +10 at the minimum because standing 1 is also 10 frames, the higher is +13
and the lowest is +4) on +4 and +8 you can blockstring if they
respect all other skarlet options, because slide and overhead are
guaranteed from +8 and slide is guaranteed from +4)
so does as is possible to backdash to bait the opponents moves or
block them for another punishment if you read they'll try to stop it.
Note: The higher you reset the higher the frame will ble 4 hits in air can get you the +13.

ANTI-AIRS
---NJP (Ground) 6:50
---U3 (7:31)
---F4 (8:12)
---3 (9:05)
---2 (9:44)
---1 (10:09)
Anti-Crossups
---Uppercuts (10:26)
---D4 (10:54)
---D1 (11:09)
-- F4 (11:35)
Anti-Scrubby Jump/Crossups
--- NJP (air) 11:54
--- JK AA (12:02)

CORNER DAMAGE BNBS
Note: The Gravity rules in corner are different from midscreen so as the + frames on resets.

Blood Ball Guaranteed Rules ( You need a very confortable BGPO reset to grant a blood ball
forced chip, if done correctly when the blood ball hits the opponent guard, the chip damage
will be added to the DAMAGE HUD). however the chip becomes 5% instead of 6%.

Blood Ball Not Guaranteed Rules ( not confortable BGPO is needed, but this can be armored out.)
However need to be a fast armor or a fast move like 6 frames, or he will get hit by the ball instead.

Safe ex DC Spacing Check (When the opponent blocks a ex DC if skarlet dash cancels she is at +21 when the
dagger connects on block, good enough to set other footsie strategies)

strategical step out Chip, rules (performed by F43 string, that is 0 on block and is her
best footsie tool, afetr a blocked ex dc, f43 is guaranteed because the startup is 13 frames.
it doesn't matter if he will crouch block right after, f43 hits mid and will put
skarlet in spacing situation, chip 4% more and build some meter)

--- Corner BnBs (12:26)
--- Corner AAs (14:50)
---Rd away from corner (16:06)

BLOCKSTRING EXPERTISE
Notes: its not todays news that Skarlet is a blockstring character, build by NRS concept of fighting
other characters while they block, being unique in this area, is what it also makes her
very unique hybrid in the game.

chip notation guide
ex dc deals 2% chip damage
jip deals 1% chip damage
f212,1+2 deals 8% chip damage
114 deals 4% chip damage
f43 deals 4% chip damage
grab deals 11% damage
a good skarlet player will up between these while playing dangerous mind games adding overheads, slides, grabs
or another blockstrings restarts.

---Chip BnBs (17:34)

1 BAR PRATICAL MIDSCREEN BNBS
-notes:These combos will help you win your matches easely
--- 1 Bar Combos (18:43)

SWAG BNBS
- These are impratical but are just to increase the swag of the character
Swag (21:17)
Tags (23:31)

Credits (24:19)

AssassiN

Noob
Great job with this, never seen so many different combo's.
I was expecting a Cyrax reset combo in the swag section, but them Kitana combo's were nice.

It would be a terrible shame if they wouldn't include Skarlet in MK10, my most favorite character to break down and use.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Kitana is skarlet's best Friend in Tag, along with Scorpion, it makes her meta game hella broken lol

I played MK9 alot just about a week ago with some of my offline friends. Funny how a long break my tech skill got better lol.

Thanks for the post OP, I'm definitely stealing like 3 of those combos lol.