What's new

Question - Swarm Queen Blowing up wakeup reversal and backdashes

Psyken

GG XRD / MKX Player
I'm putting this question out here to keep the pressure up. I'm new to NRS games but NOT fighting games.

(this is not character specific) My friend plays Quan Chi and he backdashes a lot. I went to training mode to put an end to this. You can jip1>bnb and it'll catch the backdash. You can also do f22 at the right time. I didn't get a chance to test a delayed wake up.

Can you still get a wakeup backdash if you delay your wakeup? I dont see why want but I want to know for sure.

Quan Chi can't do any armor move on wakeup if Dvorah does B1>2 or db4 (why these move though? Better be a good read). Trying to do f22 against armor gets you blown up.

Mileena blows up b1>2 and f22 but not db4. I haven't done a lot of testing and I haven't had the time yet.

I can't do b1 or any low for that matter on wakeup backdash. Not that iirc

I'm pretty much asking for tech that will blow up both wakeup reversal and wakeup backdash.

Last edited:

HarmTheHomeless

How2GetAnSTD
If you check dvorah's forum you'll learn she has an u3 that'll blow up wake ups and if you think theyll back dash you can f11 into a big combo, here is her best mid screen (swarm queen) f11xxMBdf1 jip 212xxdb1 f34 b12D1+3 = 41% you do that to punish his back dash and ill promise he'll stop

Cinnabun

Noob
Ya, her u3 is amazing. You can beat almost every reversal in the game with just that move. You can even u3, then combo afterwards for a punish.

Example: