What's new

Bloodborne General Discussion.

Voodoo

Smack it up, flip it and rub it down.
fuck it im done,if im going to be playing an RPG with no customization options ill just play a hack n slash. there is nothing in this game
Bro, if you made it to Old Yarnham without finding at least a few armour sets, you're not exploring enough.This gaame isn't just going to hand you stuff on a silver platter.

The_REAL_xVAPORx

smoke reset bot
So is it me or is multiplayer toned way down? Like, is there incentive to be summoned into someone's game? Is there anything analogous to covens? How does Insight work?
aside from serving as currency to summon other players, it also acts as currency to buy special items from the 2nd messenger fountain. its worth being summoned because its a quick way to stack up insight and blood echoes, both of which are pretty important.

LionHeart

Whisper within a sigh
GUISE THE GAME IS TOO GOOD!!
Can a game actually BE this good?

I haven't been wrecked so hard in a single player game in a long time, yet I can't stop playing till my eyes dry off completely, then start crying because I can't play/see anymore, then my eyes are wet again and I play till I pass out.

Damn Real Life/Job/Girlfriend......

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
Fun thing about bipolar it's the little things that piss you off more than anything. I freaked out like that with DS2 as well when I felt it was too linear, my complaints I feel are still valid but not to that degree. Dark Souls makes me rage in a completely different way than most

Anyhow after restarting to try and help a friend stuck at the sacred beast I started to find more areas, shortcuts, and the saw spear. I think I'll stick with this for a little while more.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
GUISE THE GAME IS TOO GOOD!!
Can a game actually BE this good?

I haven't been wrecked so hard in a single player game in a long time, yet I can't stop playing till my eyes dry off completely, then start crying because I can't play/see anymore, then my eyes are wet again and I play till I pass out.

Damn Real Life/Job/Girlfriend......
pfffft

LionHeart

Whisper within a sigh
Go cry in the corner while hugging your XBONE. Then taste your tears and tell us how salty they are. :joker:

Fun thing about bipolar it's the little things that piss you off more than anything. I freaked out like that with DS2 as well when I felt it was too linear, my complaints I feel are still valid but not to that degree. Dark Souls makes me rage in a completely different way than most

Anyhow after restarting to try and help a friend stuck at the sacred beast I started to find more areas, shortcuts, and the saw spear. I think I'll stick with this for a little while more.
I get where you are coming from. These (souls) games are not for everybody.

I don't even mean difficulty wise, but I understand not liking them. IMO you should keep pushing on and then decide whether you like it or not. It will test your resolve multiple times, but if you emerge victorious, this feeling that you get, cannot be replicated by playing/beating any other game...

That's how souls games (well, apart from DS2) made me fell and this one, truly reeks of Miyazaki through and through.

God I love this guy!

Last edited:

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
aside from serving as currency to summon other players, it also acts as currency to buy special items from the 2nd messenger fountain. its worth being summoned because its a quick way to stack up insight and blood echoes, both of which are pretty important.
What's the specific reward though? Like, do you get 1 insight every time you help kill a boss?

Go cry in the corner while hugging your XBONE. Then taste your tears and tell us how salty they are. :joker:

I don't even mean difficulty wise, but I understand not liking them. IMO you should keep pushing on and then decide whether you like it or not. It will test your resolve multiple times, but if you emerge victorious, this feeling that you get, cannot be replicated by playing/beating any other game...

That's how souls games (well, apart from DS2) made me fell and this one, truly reeks of Miyazaki through and through.

God I love this guy!

Honestly I've been watching streams, lots of them, the game looks brilliant once again. I don't consider dks2 to be part if the franchise. It's not on the level of these games

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag

God I love this guy!
I feel like no one was listening to a thing I've said. it's quite possible to be frustrated at an aspect besides difficulty you know. I do not dislike hard games I'm a very patient and calm player for the most part. what was frustrating me was a lack of features I was missing from previous games.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Ok, so at the risk of running around for another hour assuming I've missed something: After you exit the First Floor Sickroom and enter into the first courtyard, there's two gates. One takes you into Central Yharman and the other is closed by a device. I feel like I've explored everywhere in Central Yharnam pretty good, so is this second gate something that I naturally find a way to open later? Or did I completely miss something? It's driving me nuts.

Voodoo

Ok, so at the risk of running around for another hour assuming I've missed something: After you exit the First Floor Sickroom and enter into the first courtyard, there's two gates. One takes you into Central Yharman and the other is closed by a device. I feel like I've explored everywhere in Central Yharnam pretty good, so is this second gate something that I naturally find a way to open later? Or did I completely miss something? It's driving me nuts.
If you're talking about the one next to the lantern, you missed something.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
So is it me or is multiplayer toned way down? Like, is there incentive to be summoned into someone's game? Is there anything analogous to covens? How does Insight work?
I did read something about a coven related to Eileen the Crow, but no one seems sure how it works yet.

And I think people aren't risking summons as much since I guess it costs insight to even try and get someone in your game? Just got the 3 multiplayer bells, so haven't tried them myself

Espio

Kokomo
Okay so I've had a bit of time to play the game, not crazy far into it, but here are my current thoughts (SPOILER FREE):

Opening up shortcuts has always been a thing in DS games, but I feel like it's much more essential here, especially since Lanterns from what I can tell are not nearly as prevalent as bonfires. I didn't like this at first, but I realize it's actually pretty well done and it feels good finding the short cuts and activating them.

Getting rid of the human/hollow thing is awesome, one less thing to worry about and spend funds on or to restrict co-op.

The beginning feels quite a bit harder than the beginning of previous titles in my opinion and it feels more satisfying to take out bosses as a result.

I was worried about no shield, but it surprisingly works well with this game especially due to the fact that it encourages more aggression/rewards it more with health regain.

I only used one or two weapons in my playthroughs of DS1 and DS2 so the lack of a lot of weapons doesn't make or break anything for me, if anything it makes the game feel more streamlined and I get less annoying broken swords and other useless items. I'm enjoying the cane/whip combo (especially since I used a whip in DS2 as a secondary weapon, the range is killer).

The game is gorgeous and captivating, one of the more awesome games presentation wise I've played in a while.

Torches seem so much more useful in this game too and getting rid of the time limit on them is a nice addition as well.

It's like they got rid of most of what I didn't like from the previous titles lol.

I also liked the throwback to Demon Souls where you have to die first before you can advance so to speak.

The only issue with the game I have is the loading times, everything else is pretty on point. Oh, and I have not seen a mace anywhere (yet) ;__;. But the second one is just a minor personal preference.

Last edited:
I started playing offline story mode because the online mode ain't available right now because it is still dowloading those 27 GB from PSN store since I bought this game from PSN store.
My question is, does my offline story progress transfer into the online story mode once it is downloaded or do I have to restart the whole game when choosing the online story mode?
If so, I would stop playing offline now because it would make no sense for me other than exploring the areas, just to end up starting the game from the beginning without any progress.

Steven_a

Light Bringer
Your offline story progression will transfer if you play online. Online is really only for summoning and invasion. Or PvP

Also what weapons are you guys rocking currently? I'm wielding a Rifle Spear and Blade of Mercy. Just killed Blood Starved beast yesterday night.

Voodoo

Your offline story progression will transfer if you play online. Online is really only for summoning and invasion. Or PvP

Also what weapons are you guys rocking currently? I'm wielding a Rifle Spear and Blade of Mercy. Just killed Blood Starved beast yesterday night.[/QUOTE
The Burial Blade is too sick. Not sure about guns though. Beat the whole game without switching out the hunter's pistol.

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
Ugh stuck on Father Gaston with my restarted character. I don't get it I beat him no problem back before I knew about the grave/whip trick but as soon as he goes beast mode I can't do anything but run. how the hell did I get the time to fully charge my dirkhammer before? how did I suddenly become so shit at dodging this guy -_-

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I've discovered the ultimate attack.

Got the charred set and Father Gauc's hat.

The flamesprayer has been saving my ass since I've had it, and i'm just starting to figure out the Stake-Driver.

E

Eldriken

I just bought this a bit ago on the PSN Store. I can't wait to start playing. I more than likely have to wait until tomorrow, however. I have to work tonight. ;_;

cyke_out

Noob
People saying they haven't found any new gear need to check the two merchants more frequently. After besting certain bosses and ai hunters you get badges thst unlocks gear that you can but at the merchants for either insight or blood.

Also you can find badges laying around as well as weapons too. In fact, in central and old yharnam there are two weapons hiding in each spot that you can just find.