What's new

Blood Moon Invasions Mesa Area Unlocks Community Info

I'm trying to find how to open each area unlock. They give clues on several nodes but you have to figure out what to do with only the clue:

First Mesa:

Scholar AREA UNLOCK:

it's clue was: "Body Blender"
This one I found was using Kenshi and Cyrax and I did his blender fatality. Gave several Vampire Skins including a Rain Skin.

The next clue section is "Top Killers" lvl3 Endurance fight.
Clue is:
"Splash Splash"
Splish Splash is opened by doing Rains Whirlpool Brutality!

Second Mesa Sun Do Festival:

(Here We Go) Klue: Yzark Tihstab
I believe it means: "Bat Shit Krazy"
Who is Bat Shit Krazy other than Mileena?

If anyone knows how to unlock this one or any others, or how to get the Blood Fangs or other Keys post below

Last edited:

Art Lean

Noob
'Splish Splash' can be completed with any Rain brutality (thanks to @Juxtapose). I'd originally (correctly) assumed this was indeed a reference to Rain, but after no success with his fatalities I started trying things with Tanya since she had an MKX brutality called Splish Splash until Juxtapose enlightened me.

'OHME NRU' (home run) I assumed must be a reference to Jax because of his MK11 baseball fatality. Then thought maybe I had to get a flawless victory instead since that's effectively the MK equivalent of a home run. Finally looked it up last night and the answer being Darrius's kameo fatality... aaaaaaaaand I'm still confused as to why? I mean, at a real stretch yeah he uses their arms as a bludgeoning device in a vaguely bat-like manner, buuuuut, pfft. :confused:

Much like last season's clue of 'Flipping Out' where I was trying everything with Johnny paired with Sonya, because Cassie had a move called Flippin' Out in MK11 so figured Johnny + Sonya = Cassie reference, but turns out it just wanted you to flip stance 30 times.

I've begun to feel I over-think these clues by referring to previous games with them, as they always seem to be self-contained (albeit often flimsy) references just to MK1. Can't be alienating those fans who've somehow never played any of the previous titles over the last 31 years now can we :coffee:

Last edited: