What's new

Tech Blood Ball Combos & traps, 58% X-ray, and more

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
To get full screen zoning advantage and meter, I'm wondering if it would be better to do:

f31 rd ds, u3, 2 rd ds, 2rd ds, f43 blood ball for a 46% knockdown plus chip from bloodball

I havn't messed with it yet, but why is the splat combo better than this combo?
Because this version when tech rolled gives them enough time to d3 under, maybe jump out of it because they are not pinned by the splat.

Anyway, i think i got a even better version of this blood ball setup that is totally Tournament Viable, but i will only test this tomorrow when my nephew wakes up and smith gets over here.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Just cracked the blood ball tech, now there is no escape possible, only choice for now on is to block for those who can reflect, teleports are blown up except for freedy, wakeup attacks are counter readied on reaction.

I will record a compilation against everyone possible

Awesome tech man. I'm loving what you've been doing for the Skarlett community. How much delay is on that blood ball though and what are the advantages *frame wise* it put you on?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Awesome tech man. I'm loving what you've been doing for the Skarlett community. How much delay is on that blood ball though and what are the advantages *frame wise* it put you on?
The startup is 32, but its erased because of the NJP splat, i this vid there is one way of escaping by simply lay grounded after the splat.

But now if you aim the ball up, it will make an arc, that will hit whoever is tech rolling, or staying on the ground, making play dead useless against this frame trap.

The opponent can only 2 two things.
Block, or wakeup attack, but has to be very well timed or will eat a blood ball.

In any case the splat itself sends the opponent fullscreen, and that alone its enough to commence zonning,

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
I like this a lot. Any excuse to throw more blood balls is good for me.

Two things that I'm finding useful with the b11f4, red dash upslash, F4 red dash uplash (which pops them over head), njp, blood ball:

1. If I've let them fall too much by getting to them a little late for the f4, I'm still there in plenty time to just use f4 red dash, DONWSLASH, which was my go to bread and butter in that combo anyway, (of course this one ends in 112 which is perfectly good to use)

2. If I miss the njp AFTER the upslash, I can down dagger to OTG them. Not ideal but still eliminates wakeups if the njp whiffs, which is better than what happens to other characters that miss their inputs on njp combos.

I haven't landed it yet online but I know I'll be getting it soon, but I'm going to be slingin blood balls like a mad man in my local tournament tomorrow so we'll see how it goes.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I like this a lot. Any excuse to throw more blood balls is good for me.

Two things that I'm finding useful with the b11f4, red dash upslash, F4 red dash uplash (which pops them over head), njp, blood ball:

1. If I've let them fall too much by getting to them a little late for the f4, I'm still there in plenty time to just use f4 red dash, DONWSLASH, which was my go to bread and butter in that combo anyway, (of course this one ends in 112 which is perfectly good to use)

2. If I miss the njp AFTER the upslash, I can down dagger to OTG them. Not ideal but still eliminates wakeups if the njp whiffs, which is better than what happens to other characters that miss their inputs on njp combos.

I haven't landed it yet online but I know I'll be getting it soon, but I'm going to be slingin blood balls like a mad man in my local tournament tomorrow so we'll see how it goes.
don't forget to always aim the ball up, so even if they stay grounded they'll take it.
If they hold for too long, they'll lose the wakeup attack oportunity

Mosp

Noob
So how is this inescapable? I tested this with multiple chars and they all could escape with invincibility on their wake-up attacks.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
So how is this inescapable? I tested this with multiple chars and they all could escape with invincibility on their wake-up attacks.
That's the point, once they wakeup attack, you counter read and punish before they recover fully

ryublaze

Noob
Btw for Sub-Zero, if you have time to EX Red Dash then you definitely have time to just block low and punish without having to use up a bar of meter on a read.

Thank you Eddy for the advice man. Playing Jade has gotten me more aware of my playing style and now me moving on to your videos have helped me with Skarlet. Thanks again man for all that you did man.