What's new

Tech Blood Ball Combos & traps, 58% X-ray, and more

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I definitely need to mess with this but I'm not sure when it would be best to use it? Also Im sure it is very character specific. like kabal or mileena might just not give a shit and hit you anyway.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
This blood ball tech is not escapable, they can't jump out.
Everytime any character wakeup attacks to whiff the blood ball, enters automatically in the counter-read situation. I was testing against the entire cast, and i can assure you Kabal and mileena can't escape this trap, the ones who can are sindel because of the levity cancel, and ermac, i'm not sure who else can escape it but i will have a look and record it.

The only way to escape this tech without wakeup and hoping skarlet doesn't has meter is laying on ground, but the splat takes so long that gives skarlet's enough time to dash in and throw a trajectory blood ball OTG, which will have to be blocked or use wakeup attack again.

Needs more test

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Yeah I dunno. What about tech roll into a normal wakeup? Looks like that avoids the full screen blood ball. For example if SZ tech rolled into clone, I don't think you can punish him with an ex dash up slash and invincibility dodges the blood ball.

The splat into ex teleport is super gimmicky and dangerous, though flashy. Same idea as in the corner.

The one tech I think is viable in a tourney is the corner blood ball into d1,X-ray... really situational but knowing unbreakable combos is always useful!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I also want to know if that is max damage before the NJP?

Total damage if blocked bloodball is 41%?
40% + zonning position. There is better setups for more damage, but the more you do, the harder is to get the NJP splat.

Also, i'm trying to see a better position to use this set up, the opponent must fall in the corner, where a blood ball will still OTG without dashing in

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Yeah I dunno. What about tech roll into a normal wakeup? Looks like that avoids the full screen blood ball. For example if SZ tech rolled into clone, I don't think you can punish him with an ex dash up slash and invincibility dodges the blood ball.

The splat into ex teleport is super gimmicky and dangerous, though flashy. Same idea as in the corner.

The one tech I think is viable in a tourney is the corner blood ball into d1,X-ray... really situational but knowing unbreakable combos is always useful!

nope, tech roll into normal wakeup doesn't change anything. ;)

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
personally i love stuff like this , cyrax speaks to me because i can bombard u wit random set ups all match , more stuff like this for skarlet would only help her , also wots d meter build from a blocked blood ball and follow up daggers ? should be around half a bar ;)

Ninj

nope, tech roll into normal wakeup doesn't change anything. ;)
Oh yeah guess I missed that in the vid. hmmmm yeah that might work...I wonder what wakeups get out of it. certainly it's useless vs smoke, kenshi, Freddy...but I wonder who it puts in a bad situation like SZ.

AssassiN

Noob
Good stuff.
You're saying Kabal can't escape this? All he has to do is EX NDC and let the invincibility absorb it.
Don't trust the wake-up system in training mode.

Need to find some more Blood ball stuff, can be very useful against a few characters.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Oh yeah guess I missed that in the vid. hmmmm yeah that might work...I wonder what wakeups get out of it. certainly it's useless vs smoke, kenshi, Freddy...but I wonder who it puts in a bad situation like SZ.

Crimson Dash covers 75% of the screen with 1 dash and you can get near any steady whiffed wakeup and punish before they recover.
Now that you mentioned smoke avoids this like childs play lol.

I've tested on:
Scorp
Sub
KL
Cage
Kuh Bawl
Mil
Smoke (this coward)
Sindel
Kitana
Jax

Some are harder to get the punish due the range, others not really

Ninj

Test vs human players, like assassinbe says. Can't trust training mode.

Anyone with a teleport avoids this I bet. I also bet Skarlet is the exception, since her teleport has such long execution time.

AssassiN

Noob
Then the blood ball whiffs like Eddy said earlier. The same happens to me whenever I end my combos with F4,3,bloodball and I end up wasting 7% health lol.
You sure about that?
Cause it has happened to me that after a F43 combo-ender, the Bloodball hits them while they are lying on the ground.

ryublaze

Noob
You sure about that?
Cause it has happened to me that after a F43 combo-ender, the Bloodball hits them while they are lying on the ground.
It might depend on the combo and whether the blood ball is normal or aimed downwards. I usually just throw a normal blood ball but sometimes people just stay grounded and it ends up whiffing for some reason. I haven't played around with blood ball setups too much so idk.

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
Johnny2d GET IN HERE!!! :)
Lol. I commented in the media version of this thread (i wish the conversations in the media post would carry over here so there aren't two separate talks!!!)

Love the blood ball tech. Eddy Wang = Blood Ballin 4 Life :)

I agree that the variety of ways to start and also finish things is part of what makes Skarlet strong. Usually when I lose its because I am not using all my stuff. And when I get beat by Ninj, its because he IS using all of the stuff. The more options used in a match the better.

BloodBall is a good move.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Can Sub-Zero wake-up slide you but not tech rolled?
Recovery without tech rolling, or tech rolling will get them caught by the ball forcing to block.

There is only 2 ways out of this setup
1 Wakeup attack, with or without tech roll, wish gives a chance of counter read against some characters

2 Stay grounded and get your wakeup disabled.

Wakeup attack from tech roll, or not tech roll will still give skarlet time to counter read it.

Ninj, i have a test subject in home, my nephew, and he can't escape this set up, i tested on the AI first, then i asked him to get out of this set up, he tried but only staying grounded seemed the best bet.
i will get a help of DarkSlayerSmith by the week just to help confirm this and other stuffs i have in hands.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Love that shit !

The 2 only blood skills she has can link/frametrap.

Bloodbaal gives meter if we have the lead. Great in fullscreen or after 1, 1, 2. Guarantee in corner.

What else ? B-D

Seapeople

This one's for you
Would it be worth it to use the NJP combos (without the bloodball) followed by a dagger cancelled into iaD? The combo itself does decent damage plus the dagger chip afterward, and seems like one of the best ways to gain zoning momentum against characters who you want to stay full screen against.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
To get full screen zoning advantage and meter, I'm wondering if it would be better to do:

f31 rd ds, u3, 2 rd ds, 2rd ds, f43 blood ball for a 46% knockdown plus chip from bloodball

I havn't messed with it yet, but why is the splat combo better than this combo?

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
a variation of this tech , f4 rd downslash , 3 rd upslash u34, blood ball < this one sends them full screen it does around 38% plus chip from blood ball