What's new

Breakthrough Black Adam space control

Pakman

Lawless Victory!
Below is a diagram showing Black Adam's space control at any one point in time. It does not include jump ins; certain specials (and MBs); traits; strings or supers.

Please note this may not be 100% accurate as I do not have the exact hit box data - this is just stuff I've been able to figure out in training mode.

Image courtesy of youtube user: bobotttabc123

Legend:

Red: Lightning Charge (minimum distance of 4 character spaces; will hit crouching opponents but whiffs on Catwoman's cat stance)

Purple: Lightning cage
Purple star: Lightning bomb ranges (Short is 2 character spaces; normal is 5; long is 8)

Not shown: Black magic and lightning bolt as these track, but can be avoided. The hit boxes on both of them however are actually quite good. When I tested them, they'd hit opponent's landing from a jump (i.e mid-air).

Blue: Standing 1
Blue dots: Back 1 (might be difficult to see because it overlaps with back 3)
Blue double line: Down 1

Yellow: Standing 2
Yellow dots Back 2
Yellow dash box: Forward 2
Yellow double line: down 2 (overlap with 3 and B+3)

Orange: Standing 3
Orange dots: Back 3 (slightly further range than standing 3)
Orange dash box: Forward 3
Orange double line: down 3

1 square on the temple floor = approx. 1 character space

Notes:
* Some overlap on certain normal's (particularly b+1 and back 3)

* Back 3 range not so hot. Although in fairness his character hit box does move back as he charges.

* Back 2 is his best ranged normal attack followed closely by forward+2 and forward+3

* Down 3 has deceptive range. It hits slightly further than 2 character spaces away

* Not shown are his foot dives due to so many possibilities/angles. So whilst it may look like his reach overall isn't too hot, please remember he has foot dives which help him control space - extremely well might I add!

Enjoy and please feel free to tag anyone who may find this information useful. Thanks!

Celerity

Lab Monster
Nice, thanks for doing this! A couple things:

-Typo, I think you meant B2 has the best range, not B3.
-Lightning Storm's hitbox doesn't go all the way to the ground, it whiffs on Cat Stance Catwoman.

Interesting to see approximate hitboxes visually.

Like I thought, 2 can be use as a somewhat legit AA. But now I'm more interested in f3/b3 and b2 as AAs...

Celerity

Lab Monster
Yeah I was using MB B3 as an AA, but maybe I should be using F3 instead. B3 does have the advantage of sometimes moving you back far enough that you don't have to MB it, though.

Pakman

Lawless Victory!
Nice, thanks for doing this! A couple things:

-Typo, I think you meant B2 has the best range, not B3.
-Lightning Storm's hitbox doesn't go all the way to the ground, it whiffs on Cat Stance Catwoman.
Original post updated. Thanks Celerity!