What's new

Match-up Discussion Black Adam match up. Help.

Derocus

'The Cage Mage'
Guys. Black Adam. How do?

This matchup is the one I struggle with most as Loboss. I just can't do it.
Please give me tips, Lobonians.
What do I struggle with in particular? Well, I'll tell you. That bastard walks and dashes backwards out of the range of any of Lobo's bigger-range moves. And when you finally close the distance Black Adam's follow this flow chart.
1. Safe overhead launcher.
2. Did it connect? Yes) Full combo No) D1
(2.5 Lightning hands) This punishes the opponents attempt to retaliate your D1 with their D1.
3. Repeat.
4. Win.
(5. Realise where you went wrong in your life.)

So yeah. Any tips on beating a Bladam?

Vocket

Day 1 Phenomenal Teth-Adam Player
Black Adam after MB boot stomp is at +9. If he tries to dash in and do anything he is at negative frames you can d1 to beat anything he does except armor. His boot stomp also has low priority so you can do a jump attack to beat it cleanly in the air.

EDIT: I thought you meant boot stomp when you said safe overhead launcher

if you are losing to nothing but b23 i have nothing to say to you other than learn how to whiff punish. black adam is minus a billion when he whiffs that and you have a jab punisher, what more could you want

Captain Oxygen

The end of one combo is the beginning of another
This is a matchup I've been hating for the past week...
His jump arc is so annoying, it flies over Standing 3 all the time.
The best advice I can give you from experience is to knock him down and keep on him. People are always saying Black Adam has amazing wakeup but there are ways around it.

The simplest way to MB B3/F3, you'll gain a fair amount of meter back doing the combo.
An alternate way is, after a knockdown, stand on top of Black Adam, and do a neutral jumping 2 right before the "wakeup attack" appears on the side of the screen, it should avoid the lightning cage, lightning storm, and super high in your jump into a full half lifebar lobo combo.

Aside from that, if you can't keep Black Adam down, he'll just keep using his amazing mobility and jump arc against you.

Derocus

'The Cage Mage'
if you are losing to nothing but b23 i have nothing to say to you other than learn how to whiff punish. black adam is minus a billion when he whiffs that and you have a jab punisher, what more could you want

What more could Lobo want? You're staff here?

RizRaz

Errons with combos - always hot.
if you are losing to nothing but b23

Didn't see that in the OP, I don't think Lobo players - with the amount of execution and practice they need - are gonna be eating spam that isn't even decent. Certainly not exclusively one string.

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
The overhead is safe, sure, but is it plus? If not, how is he beating out your d+1, which is 6 frames? He should be eating d+1 to Low Space Hooks all day.

Derocus

'The Cage Mage'
The overhead is safe, sure, but is it plus? If not, how is he beating out your d+1, which is 6 frames? He should be eating d+1 to Low Space Hooks all day.
I'm actually not sure if he's on plus. But I'm pretty certain his D1 comes out before ours. I'll try this the next time I'm online.

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
Another thing I have to remember myself: coming from a SF background, I constantly forget the block stun is much shorter in this game, as well as the game buffers inputs. You can enter inputs when you are still in block stun and the attack will come out on the first possible frame.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Another thing I have to remember myself: coming from a SF background, I constantly forget the block stun is much shorter in this game, as well as the game buffers inputs. You can enter inputs when you are still in block stun and the attack will come out on the first possible frame.
Only for specials though.

BGMD

Noob
If Black Adam is waking up with his Lightning Cage, neat thing you can do when you finish combo with Hook Charge is to dash forward and do neutral j1.
This negates lightning cage, he can't MB it if hitbox doesn't touch you and you can connect it straight to toss on hit.
I think it applies to his other wakeups also, so basically you can condition Black Adam not to wake up at all.

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
Must do further research, but I went into training mode with Sinestro's wake up options (Had a looong set with a friend and he just destroyed me overall). From the distance of Low Space Hook as well as 1,2, 1+3, you're at the perfect distance for Arachnid Sting to whiff. However, if I try to Space Hook or Low Space Hook, the sting with hit me, knock me full screen and then I have to work my way all the way back in.
What I discovered in training mode is, Pump Shot and Mid Pump Shot completely stuff any wake up option he tries. The Pump Shot active frames last well past his invincible frames. Lobo even leans back with the Pump Shot, You actually see the Sting begin to form, but the shot is active long enough to immediately shut it down. In theory, Pump Shot or Mid Pump Shot should last longer that their frames, effectively stopping their wake up attempts. Everything but Corp Charge should eat a shell every time. I am going to do further testing, but if we can have a consistent way to shut down wake ups, we force them to not hit a button. Then we can just Czar Toss them..

Derocus

'The Cage Mage'
Must do further research, but I went into training mode with Sinestro's wake up options (Had a looong set with a friend and he just destroyed me overall). From the distance of Low Space Hook as well as 1,2, 1+3, you're at the perfect distance for Arachnid Sting to whiff. However, if I try to Space Hook or Low Space Hook, the sting with hit me, knock me full screen and then I have to work my way all the way back in.
What I discovered in training mode is, Pump Shot and Mid Pump Shot completely stuff any wake up option he tries. The Pump Shot active frames last well past his invincible frames. Lobo even leans back with the Pump Shot, You actually see the Sting begin to form, but the shot is active long enough to immediately shut it down. In theory, Pump Shot or Mid Pump Shot should last longer that their frames, effectively stopping their wake up attempts. Everything but Corp Charge should eat a shell every time. I am going to do further testing, but if we can have a consistent way to shut down wake ups, we force them to not hit a button. Then we can just Czar Toss them..

Wait. I don't get it. So we use a high/mid pump shot as they do their wake up?

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
Wait. I don't get it. So we use a high/mid pump shot as they do their wake up?
Correct. After a Low Space Hook and 1,2, 1+3. Perform the Pump shot as they do their wake up (the timing is the same for them all). The active frames on the shot will stay out longer then their invincible frames. God forbid you got a nuke shell loaded...