What's new

Black Adam Is Seperate.....

Below is a trailer analysis by IGN. One of the commentators states that he was among those at IGN who saw Black Adam in the first chapter of the game. Apparently the Black Adam that they saw had hair. This helps confirm what many people here suspect, that the bald Black Adam is an alt skin. (4:50 - 5:15 in the video if you want to just skip to that part of the discussion)

OwTee

Noob
Below is a trailer analysis by IGN. One of the commentators states that he was among those at IGN who saw Black Adam in the first chapter of the game. Apparently the Black Adam that they saw had hair. This helps confirm what many people here suspect, that the bald Black Adam is an alt skin. (4:50 - 5:15 in the video if you want to just skip to that part of the discussion)

haha damn, beat me to it.

Nillcox

Batman of Zur-En-Arrh
Well that seems like pretty definitive evidence that Black Adam will be playable. They wouldn't go to the trouble of making an alternate costume for an NPC.

UGH. These guys aren't very bright. Black Lightning?! It's very OBVIOUSLY Black Adam you idiots. "Black Adam doesn't use lightning" what a load.

And WHY does everyone keep fucking thinking Lex is siding with SUPERMAN?! I think it's pretty damn obvious that he goes against the Regime! Hawkgirl and Black Adam are both PART OF THE REGIME and Lex is FIGHTING THEM.

Well that seems like pretty definitive evidence that Black Adam will be playable. They wouldn't go to the trouble of making an alternate costume for an NPC.
Yup. Black Adam is in there. Seems everyone has a before and after costume for the events.

Also, it was interesting to here Shazam! had another outfit we haven't seen. When they talk about the black hooded alt they mention another one that was cool.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Yup. Black Adam is in there. Seems everyone has a before and after costume for the events.

Also, it was interesting to here Shazam! had another outfit we haven't seen. When they talk about the black hooded alt they mention another one that was cool.
Its the same costume from the aquaman reveal

Its the same costume from the aquaman reveal
Maybe I worded it poorly, but the IGN video breakdown talks about 3 costumes for Shazam! at the 7:00 mark after talking about both the white hood and black hood costumes, the one guy says "I'll let you know he does have an alternate in the game, you can still be excited to see that"

Kind of an odd thing to say if he is referring to the costumes they are looking at in the moment.

Although, he could have just been poking fun at the guy for thinking it was a different character and sarcastically saying there will be alts.

ShowboatingPenguin

Nothing gets past the Cold Field.
Hmm... Ninjas in the same exact costume with different colors and they all play completely different.

And people are hoping BA is an alt? I am dissapoint...

I think the IGN guy worded it poorly. They did a terrible job with their breakdown on this.

Also, I think the fact that one of them saw a Black Adam with hair means he has an alt. That also means that he himself is not one.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Maybe I worded it poorly, but the IGN video breakdown talks about 3 costumes for Shazam! at the 7:00 mark after talking about both the white hood and black hood costumes, the one guy says "I'll let you know he does have an alternate in the game, you can still be excited to see that"

Kind of an odd thing to say if he is referring to the costumes they are looking at in the moment.

Although, he could have just been poking fun at the guy for thinking it was a different character and sarcastically saying there will be alts.
What if Black Lightning is in the game but he has a Black Adam alt costume which we are seeing in the trailer? Black lighting is bald after all (and black):

The dude in the trailer doesn't look like Black Adam at all if you look at his face. However, he does look like Black Lightning.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
The egyptian motif and single golden lightning bolt over black, the shoulder cape...

Bald or not, I'm pretty sure it's Black Adam. It'd be nice if the Outsiders appeared, though. Batman's most loyal pals (outside of the family, of course) workin' with the Insurgency.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
The egyptian motif and single golden lightning bolt over black, the shoulder cape...

Bald or not, I'm pretty sure it's Black Adam. It'd be nice if the Outsiders appeared, though. Batman's most loyal pals (outside of the family, of course) workin' with the Insurgency.
I'm not saying the costume isn't Black Adam though. The costume is 100% Black Adam. The face, however, does not look like him. Where's the widows peak, eyebrows, and pointy ears?

KiD INsAnitY

Z of The Leaf -Team R.A.N
Maybe he shaved his head or some shyt to show his loyalty to Superman because he seems so be on the Regime side. But what I want to know is WHY THE FUCK IS HE ON THE REGIME SIDE!? I mean out of all ppl I expected him to be full on LETS KILL SUPES!! I honestly can't wait to play the story mode and find out what some of these chars are thinking and planning because Adam with Supes doesn't seem legit to me. What do you guys think about this?

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
I'm not saying the costume isn't Black Adam though. The costume is 100% Black Adam. The face, however, does not look like him. Where's the widows peak, eyebrows, and pointy ears?
I can't speak for his hair (which could pretty easily be a stylistic choice), but he looks decisively less like a star trek vulcan in the New 52, and I wouldn't be surprised if that influenced their direction given Shazam's appearance in the game.

black adam n52.gif

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Upcoming Trinity War.
<Naked girl punching>

God dammit Reedoms, I was drinking something, at least it didn't get on my keyboard.

Funny shit.

---

Also, that's obviously a damn alt costume, everyone else in that trailer was wearing an alt costume, at least in all of the scenes that Adam was in.

What the fuck is this comic about?
It's a shopped edit of an issue of Teen Titans during World War III. A Terra doppleganger hits Black Adam with a couple of giant rocks. Black Adam doesn't take it very well.

That does bring up a point. Between Black Adam and now Superman, DC loves the whole "fist through the heart" trope apparently.