What's new

General/Other Black Adam divekick nerfed (RUMOR)

He acts like everyone punished it at all times

I'd love to see ONE tourney match where someone purposefully blocked a dive kick and punished him before he backdashed.

The answer of course... is fucking zero.
Stop thinking like a scrub and go watch how Maxter, CD jr and Aris deal with Adam's Dive Kick. I can give you 5 links of tournament footage that show you exactly how easy it is to blow up dive kick on reaction and anticipation.

Stop thinking everything needs to be punishable on block. y u so fraudulent.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
He acts like everyone punished it at all times

I'd love to see ONE tourney match where someone purposefully blocked a dive kick and punished him before he backdashed.

The answer of course... is fucking zero.
this

adam has so many good tools already, doesnt need a braindead divekick too. especially when it wins you games by itself.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Stop thinking like a scrub and go watch how Maxter, CD jr and Aris deal with Adam's Dive Kick. I can give you 5 links of tournament footage that show you exactly how easy it is to blow up dive kick on reaction and anticipation.

LOL gtfo..... I don't care how they deal with it

when a move says its -15 in game...... and is like -4..... thats a big deal.

Yes I have a vendetta against this move.

Error

DF2+R2

This. Make it +20 on hit if you want it to be punishable on block. :tonyt

LOL Well everyone here knows I was one of the first to even suggest they should nerf his regular dive kick.

But this nerf appears to be fake (I haven't tested though). Which means players still have to deal with it.

Would like the links for maxter and aris, CD JR plays supes and supes doesn't count ever.

Well check any WNF when Aris goes up against Godspeed or any other Black Adam player.

He doesn't even use air gun shot to deal with dive kick, and he rarely even blocks one, he straight up reads them and punishes with a full j3 combo or he avoids them completely to reposition himself. Maxter and CD jr like to make it whiff and punish. Maxter with Catwoman can also A2A it a lot. And they all MB b3 it from time to time.

D

Deleted member 9158

I think most people are complaining about the divekick because it's much harder (and sometimes impossible) to punish online.

I could be wrong though, I have no experience with it offline

Nah even offline it's pretty impossible for most characters to punish it on block. If the Black Adam player knows how to aim it low enough and it's really not that hard. You can do it with instant air boot stomp or delayed boot stomp.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Black Adam's divekick is the most overrated move in the game, BAR NONE. No reason to nerf it whatsoever
Ok, nerf his stupid jump arc then.

I'm playing catwoman here. He does a dive kick. Normals can't punish it. Can't catch up to his backdash. Can't even make a read on the backdash and do a Catdash. His dash takes him too far. I hope we get a top 8 evo of black adams jumping around so the character is nerfed into oblivion.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Ok, nerf his stupid jump arc then.

I'm playing catwoman here. He does a dive kick. Normals can't punish it. Can't catch up to his backdash. Can't even make a read on the backdash and do a Catdash. His dash takes him too far. I hope we get a top 8 evo of black adams jumping around so the character is nerfed into oblivion.
If you block a dive kick, you've already blown your chance to punish it.

#foodforthought

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I think most people are complaining about the divekick because it's much harder (and sometimes impossible) to punish online.

I could be wrong though, I have no experience with it offline
My gripe is that half the cast can't punish him for backdashing after a safe one.... because we all don't have a fast moving advancing normal.

So he can propel himself into you on randomly.... and get a backdash/string mixup that is in his favor.

The priority thing is just a poor excuse.... same thing happens with KF slide... doesn't really deter her from popping that baby out every chance she can.

ps.......... i hate the divekick :)

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
You're a genius.
come on man, this belly-aching about his divekick is pathetic.

you're in neutral game and he jumps. you jump too, on reaction. If he divekicks hit him with an air-to-air jump 1, full combo. The move has almost no air priority.

it's as low risk/high reward as you can reasonably get.

SZSR

Noob
come on man, this belly-aching about his divekick is pathetic.

you're in neutral game and he jumps. you jump too, on reaction. If he divekicks hit him with an air-to-air jump 1, full combo. The move has almost no air priority.

it's as low risk/high reward as you can reasonably get.
You say almost, are there moves off the top of your head that get stuffed in the air?

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
You say almost, are there moves off the top of your head that get stuffed in the air?
I guarantee every character has a fast air move that will beat it. most j1's should. some characters (like batman) might need to use j2.

you guys gotta experiment