What's new

Guide Black Adam Combo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

McTease

Nay.
This is a good one off a Deep JK

JI3~far divekick (opponent juggles behind you) 112~black magic(M) Ji2 B21 1+3
This combo is so dope! The cancel into the divekick serves as a double overhead and I found that in the corner you can do Close Boot Stomp so you stay on the same side.

Good shit.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Finally getting some damage off mb divekicks ha! Some stuff I've been using:

MB Divekick, dash 11 black magic, b23 u 1+3

JI2 22 orbs, 22 black magic, 22b1, dash 112 electricity

B23, 11 black magic, b2-mb cage, b3 JI2 b23 u 1+3

B2 orbs, 11 mb cage, b23 u 1 (followup w mine/zoning)

This character is awesome.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
I just found our no meter 6 frame punisher. 11 Orbs-b23-112 Black Magic-Lightning Bolt (39%)

EDIT- LOL and i just made it better 43% (11 Orbs -B23- 11 Black Magic - B23 1+3) DAMMMMMMMM

This means off any move thats around -8 or more we can hit for 40% no meter which is pretty damn good. Doomsdays shoulder should be punished with this. And then its simple to add more damage by doing the b2 EX cage if you have it instead of b23. Ill get damage on it too and post both.
With EX cage this does 51% :joker: (11 Orbs - B2 Ex Cage - b3 -J2 B23 1+3)

McTease

Nay.
Finally getting some damage off mb divekicks ha! Some stuff I've been using:

MB Divekick, dash 11 black magic, b23 u 1+3

JI2 22 orbs, 22 black magic, 22b1, dash 112 electricity

B23, 11 black magic, b2-mb cage, b3 JI2 b23 u 1+3

B2 orbs, 11 mb cage, b23 u 1 (followup w mine/zoning)

This character is awesome.
Noice. Percentages though?

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I just found our no meter 6 frame punisher. 11 Orbs-b23-112 Black Magic-Lightning Bolt (39%)

This means off any move thats around -8 or more we can hit for 40% no meter which is pretty damn good. Doomsdays shoulder should be punished with this. And then its simple to add more damage by doing the b2 EX cage if you have it instead of b23. Ill get damage on it too and post both.
thats dirty as fudge.

EDIT- LOL and i just made it better 43% (11 Orbs -B23- 11 Black Magic - B23 1+3) DAMMMMMMMM

Have you tried working in EX black magic after EX cage? I can't actually try it right now (and I wouldn't be able to give you damage anyways because I can't figure out how to get off the b23 up [input] combos), but it might add more damage, as I think it still allows for juggle.

First off, i found that the knee (b1) is the best to cancel into trait. It gives so much stagger that you get a free jump in/wall bounce/ground bounce or anything else you can think of afterwards. It also seems to scale better.

Second off, those dive kicks are where its at. I've already got a 59% combo with them in the corner, meterless. Its pure swag and it looks good but its rather difficult compared to some of the other combos.

In the corner: j2, b1 xx T, f3, j3 xx Dive kick, j1 xx Dive kick, 113 xx Lightning. (Does not matter what divekick although close divekick seems faster and more accurate)

I'm 90% sure this combo can be extended even further. Also, j3 xx divekick can be used midscreen as well, wont be long before someone finds a combo with them midscreen.

Lastly, if you do j2, b1 xx T, j2, 22 xx Black Magic, j2 -->(Rest of combo) And you make sure that the trait is gone just before the black magic, you can use your trait again later on in the same combo. And it looks badass, again.

Thats all i know :p

EDIT: Lol 1.01 just hit here... b1 got nerfed. I got the game a day earlier than the release date here in europe so it wasnt patched yet. So forget everything that involves b1 :)

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Here's some combos. You get the idea. I'm having a hell of a time getting the b3 after mb cage consistantly for the really big combos.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
46% no meter midscreen = jump (cross-over) 2, 1,1 trait, b23, 1,1 black magic, (dash), b2,3,u1+3
Yea I've already posted that one here and in the general discussion thread. I just got done with casuals in atl and I was doing pretty well with Adam. He's pretty damn good.

Does anyone agree that Adam lacks range on his normals/strings? What's his longest-reaching string that is actually good or can lead to combos?

McTease

Nay.
Does anyone agree that Adam lacks range on his normals/strings? What's his longest-reaching string that is actually good or can lead to combos?
I'm figuring out that as well. His jab, while quick, has such a shitty hitbox. I'm having trouble punishing and applying pressure with Adam.

As far as I know I think it's b.1 2.

McTease

Nay.
Good looks but isn't the start-up a bit long to be considered reliable?

I feel it gets stuffed pretty often.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Good looks but isn't the start-up a bit long to be considered reliable?

I feel it gets stuffed pretty often.
Use it to whiff punish. The range and startup wont matter if you are really good with its spacing and use. I catch people a lot with it. Pig Of The Hut will vouch for this.

Adam has a lot of pressure options that im gonna start exploring more and more this weekend. He can definitely have his own good up close game.

Status
Not open for further replies.