What's new

BigE announces third person shooter, "Gears of War" coming to Winter Brawl 8

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Taking place in February 2014 through the dates of 2/21-2/23, the Big E tournament known as "Winter Brawl" will be in its eighth year. Tonight, Big E announced via Facebook that he will be introducing the very well-known third person shooter, "Gears of War" to the line-up. This might come as a shock as Big E events are known only for fighting games, but this could be a good thing for the number of entrants.

This has the potential if marketed right, to bring in a huge crowd just for shooting games that could potentially draw more attention to our fighting games.

gow.jpg

What do you think of this addition?

4v4

Double Elim Hype 2 Rule.

Jason Barbosa is running the GOW3 event.
wb8logo.jpg

Source: 2BigE3

Last edited:

Zyos

Zyos aka Mr Mix ya Girl
*fixed*
Third Person Shooter STORMS

Whats worse than shooter communities? Console shooter communities. lol
as a former competitive gears pro I can sadly say I agree fully with this, the reason I left shooters for fighters was the communitie, although the "pro" community was a lot less asshole like the majority are just kids. As a pro in this community our team strived to set a good example and although it got better overall didn't. but I must say I miss team practice more than anything I dumped a lot of my life into gow1 and traveling for MLG before gow2 ruined the game :)

Limelights

"The smart stuff"
I was a competitive Gears player as well. Don't expect a "huge crowd", the remainder of the Gears competitive community, that will travel, is like 30 people.

Lilith

Baebality
how embarrassing, TPS not FPS >_< come on people! *yay fixed sorry my comp is extremely behind*

Last edited:

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Honestly, Gears of War is a high execution shooter than requires a lot of game knowledge to play at a high level. It never got shine like the other shooters because it has a very high learning curve.

Most competitive high level gears players are humble and simply only want to get people into their game.

Basically, im hype and i will watch it.

Honestly, Gears of War is a high execution shooter than requires a lot of game knowledge to play at a high level. It never got shine like the other shooters because it has a very high learning curve.

Most competitive high level gears players are humble and simply only want to get people into their game.

Basically, im hype and i will watch it.
best multiplayer game ever......so amazing....I was godlike at it

This games community is more dead than MK9, and it's full of more scrubs than this forum.

But at least Gears of War 1 has the best shotgun and gameplay and balance. My dude CD jr will agree, go get that money. We bopped on Judgment for the time that game was alive when we played, you can do it Lol.

Glad to see this game in the line up tho. Team Infinity is going to win if they go.