What's new

BIG problem for me

whenever im playing against an aggressive player, i almost ALWAYS find myself on the defense; crouched and blocking. i also always find myself losing because of it because i can rarely land a punch

what am i doing wrong? what can help me to be on the offense more?

Get out of defensive situations, dont put yourself in a position where you have to be defensive. Ducking LKs work for stopping rush downs, but watch the LK combo starter that will hit you. Also, if your more aggressive and rush down the opponent, they cant attack you. A good offense is a good defense.

Phoenix said:
Frankiebonez said:
A good offense is a good defense.
LOL, you mean a good defense is a good offense :lol:
Haha good old Frankie, he makes his own rules.

affinity2412, if you are new to competitive MK. Just keep playing, watch what good aggressive offensive players do and learn from them. Watch good player matches in the Match Videos section here at ultimatemk.com. The more you play the more you will learn the game. What I'm saying may not sound to useful, but it's hard for me to help you without seeing how you play and whats going on in your matches.

Just keep playing and learning the game. All of us have been in the situation as you, at one point or another.

Phoenix said:
Frankiebonez said:
A good offense is a good defense. If your beating someone down in any sport, your defense is obviously working because you aint never on the defensive!!! :twisted:

dreemernj

Ambassador
Frankiebonez said:
Phoenix said:
Frankiebonez said:
A good offense is a good defense. If your beating someone down in any sport, your defense is obviously working because you aint never on the defensive!!! :twisted:
Like the saying goes, the best weapon is the one you never have to fire :lol:

(Or as Robert Downey Jr says, the best weapon is the one you only have to fire once).

It's hard to turn around and take the offensive against a good offensive player but against the average person thats just rushing at you, it'll probably only take a couple of interruptions to break them down completely.

Frankiebonez said:
Phoenix said:
Frankiebonez said:
Exactly, but your still saying it wrong. They way your describing it its a good defense is a good offense, not the way your saying it :wink:

Phoenix said:
Frankiebonez said:
Phoenix said:
Frankiebonez said:
Exactly, but your still saying it wrong. They way your describing it its a good defense is a good offense, not the way your saying it :wink:
Alright lemme say what I meant to say...

DONT BE A PUSSY, GET IN THERE AND BE AGGRESSIVE AND YOU WONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT BEING STUCK ON THE DEFENSIVE!!!

Better? lol

Frankiebonez said:
Phoenix said:
Frankiebonez said:
Phoenix said:
Frankiebonez said:
Alright lemme say what I meant to say...

DONT BE A PUSSY, GET IN THERE AND BE AGGRESSIVE AND YOU WONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT BEING STUCK ON THE DEFENSIVE!!!

Better? lol
There you go. Satisfied meter is full :D

Well im not satisfied. What if your playing someone who plays defensive but always counters and punishs you into the defensive and become super aggresive? EH EH? YEAH I THOUGHT SO FRANKIE

Frankie speaks the truth. Don't let yourself get in that position. Try getting away for a minute by jumping back, teleporting, ect, and rethink your offense for when they rush you again. Mindless rushers are incredibly easy to beat.