What's new

Big OTG Wall Reset (By SinisterBeet)

Seapeople

This one's for you
I did not discover this, but people definitely need to hear about it.

Reptile gets an OTG reset after doing certain X-ray combos in the corner. It looks like you have to do d3 before starting the first combo for this to work. Amazing find by SinisterBeet!

@2:26

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
good find, but given there would be only one reason why the reptile would use their x ray like this would be to get the reset itd be quite easy to avoid, that said, its something else for reptile, and if they dont know about it then theyll get blown up by it.

good shit.

I don't think this is new. It's possible to be meaty while in knock down animation of reptile's xray and it disables wake up invincibility. Midscreen, you can do his xray and elbow dash to hit the opponent. Problem is that you can block the elbow dash and be punished.

Seapeople

This one's for you
good find, but given there would be only one reason why the reptile would use their x ray like this would be to get the reset itd be quite easy to avoid, that said, its something else for reptile, and if they dont know about it then theyll get blown up by it.

good shit.
Yeah, just one more thing to be aware of I think.

[MENTION=21]Wonder_Chef[/MENTION] can you double check this one please? I don't have the game until friday or else I'd do it myself :(

Seapeople

This one's for you
I trust you but I think somebody should double check just to completely confirm it.

Me assuming that people actually test things...dumb. My bad if this turns out completely retarded. But at the least, this is unbreakable damage in the corner that leads to more pressure, so it can be a useful setup on rare occassions.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Seriously... you can block anything after Xray...

It's like Sindel's 3 3 1 xx Flight > Air Fireball. Same exact thing.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
It can all be blocked.

After a corner X-ray, dash into the opponent and go for :r:bp into Acidhand :)d:l:bp) to check them as they come out of the animation.

Same with a forward throw, dash up and press :l:fp to bag an extra 5%. But all things off the ground can be blocked, like WonderChef said.

Is there a way to pull this off this OTG consistently for corner pressure? Because it seems random, sometimes it pushes me back from the corner, sometimes it let me stand right in front of my opponent.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Is there a way to pull this off this OTG consistently for corner pressure? Because it seems random, sometimes it pushes me back from the corner, sometimes it let me stand right in front of my opponent.
Your best bet for the would be to dash up and d4 acid hand, it pops them back up and you can continue pressure, this is really not all that reliable and should only be done when yer opponent isn't expecting it. Idk about the one shown here though never tried, didn't seem all that worth it since it can be blocked.

Works.

The only reason I did d3 before starting the combo was to show that auto block was on. The trick for this reset to work is to do the combos ending in the f2b1 but make sure that rather the opponent flying back to midscreen, they just fly higher up in a circle. Right as they go flying up, xray. After the xray is over, it well send them rolling against a wall, and you right in front to be able to attack as compared to just xraying any other time in the corner, the game will just reposition you toward the center of the screen. This is a huge find, no one knew that if you xray after that akward flying up motion, the opponent wouldn't be repositioned.

Seapeople

This one's for you
The only reason I did d3 before starting the combo was to show that auto block was on. The trick for this reset to work is to do the combos ending in the f2b1 but make sure that rather the opponent flying back to midscreen, they just fly higher up in a circle. Right as they go flying up, xray. After the xray is over, it well send them rolling against a wall, and you right in front to be able to attack as compared to just xraying any other time in the corner, the game will just reposition you toward the center of the screen. This is a huge find, no one knew that if you xray after that akward flying up motion, the opponent wouldn't be repositioned.
Auto block usually isn't reliable, but I'll have the game in 2 days to test it out.

AI on auto block doesn't block after a nut punch. Doesn't mean JC has an infinite.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
As said, this is blockable and possible from midscreen. You can get d4 after it, which is probably your best option overall.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
Even if it is blockable, this is still a good find for Reptile players. You at the least get pressure and possibly a combo. Good shit.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I'm surprised people didn't know this, kinda. I actually mentioned it a while ago, on multiple occasions.

Nope, still random. Sometimes i have to dash up, sometimes I stand right on top of my opponent. This is just inconsistent in the corner.

XxXAntiJoshXxX

Herpetologist - The Study of The Reptillian
I'm also surprised that many people didn't know about this because it has been out there for a while.

Seapeople

This one's for you
I finally had a chance to test this out today. After 1221~Xray or f2b1~Xray in the corner, the opponent can't do anything but block. They can't jump out, armor out, wakeup, etc. (This works against all characters)

That means you can do a free throw after the Xray. If the opponent tries to break the throw, you can do 321~acid hand for 75% total damage.

However, there are a couple problems with this mixup:
F2b1~Xray is not reliable because it usually ends the Xray full screen away from your opponent.
1221~Xray always gives you the OTG mixup, but if you time it wrong the opponent will fly away from the corner.

Here's a video that shows all the possibilities:

Alright, so how useful is this mixup in an actual game?
-Only the first 28% of the combo is breakable
-Even if you screw up 1221, you get 41% + d4~acid hand = 44%
or
-You can EX slide and put the opponent back in the corner for 33%

In my opinion, this is a better a option than Reptile's normal wall combos.

I see, i still see this as a big problem though. I can do 42% with no bar in the corner but this allows to wake up (which could be good or bad). But this set up allows for constant pressure with 41% with 3 bars, but you will build 1/2 bar back+5% chip from corner pressure. Im not sure if this is worth it though 3 bars is iffy.

Seapeople

This one's for you
I see, i still see this as a big problem though. I can do 42% with no bar in the corner but this allows to wake up (which could be good or bad). But this set up allows for constant pressure with 41% with 3 bars, but you will build 1/2 bar back+5% chip from corner pressure. Im not sure if this is worth it though 3 bars is iffy.
Yeah, I won't argue for or against it yet. But here are all the options laid out:

Opponent breaks the throw: 41% (13% unbreakable)
Opponent takes chip damage: 46% (18% unbreakable); 1/2 bar of meter built + more pressure
Opponent gets thrown: 52% (24% unbreakable)
Opponent takes full combo: 75%

If you mess up 1221:
Using EX slide: 33% - the opponent is still in the corner; you still have a breaker
Using X-ray: 44% (16% unbreakable); you are back in a position to zone

*Side note*
I think his Bnb with 2 bars is 51%
(JIP 321, NJP, 4~EX acid hand, 321~bb1, 321~EX bb3, 4~slide)