What's new

bi han? subzero

i thought that it was established in the early games that bi han og subzero dies in mk 1 and then his brother replaces him in mk2 but from the ingame story they basically say subzero has returned its not till mk4 that it says he is the the originals brother did they retcon this in mk4 or am i missing something

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
First of all, welcome to the forums! But Uncle JBeezY is going to keep it ALL THE WAY LIVE! If you expect to get responses from people here, full sentences and proper grammar is a very good start. ESPECIALLY since you're new here. :)

First of all, welcome to the forums! But Uncle JBeezY is going to keep it ALL THE WAY LIVE! If you expect to get responses from people here, full sentences and proper grammar is a very good start. ESPECIALLY since you're new here. :)

unfortunately i didnt go to school due to being an orphan at early age so i dont have good punctuation and grammar

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
i thought that it was established in the early games that bi han og subzero dies in mk 1 and then his brother replaces him in mk2 but from the ingame story they basically say subzero has returned its not till mk4 that it says he is the the originals brother did they retcon this in mk4 or am i missing something
Mortal Kombat's story has always been a bit random, retconned and changed several times over the decades. Think of it as any comic book universe: the writers go and change stuff as they go along. Don't expect much consistency.

Rizz091

Noob
They may have just kept that info till mk4, cause in umk3 it's clear there's 2 sub zeros. The canon story is bi han is killed by scorpion in mk1 and is resurrected as noob saibot. Kua liang takes his place as sub zero.

They may have just kept that info till mk4, cause in umk3 it's clear there's 2 sub zeros. The canon story is bi han is killed by scorpion in mk1 and is resurrected as noob saibot. Kua liang takes his place as sub zero.

yeah i know this but when mk2 came out they didnt mean for bi han at that time to be noob saibot. as it says in his bio that he has returned and scorpion has come back to kill him for good

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Mortal Kombat's story has always been a bit random, retconned and changed several times over the decades. Think of it as any comic book universe: the writers go and change stuff as they go along. Don't expect much consistency.
Actually it was already said in MK2 that it is the younger Sub-Zero, if you look at the Arcade mode endings for both Sub-Zero and Scorpion, it is said that this Sub-Zero is the younger one, AKA Kuai Liang. That is also the reason why Scorpion spares his life in MK2 and MK3 before Quan Chi managed to trick him again in MK4 before Scorpion finally discovers that Quan Chi was the murder all along. The only thing that was missing at the time are the real names of the Sub-Zero brothers, Bi-Han and Kuai Liang.

According to the Sub-Zero's bio, it was only THOUGHT to be the case of Bi-Han coming back, but Scorpion discovers it's not Bi-Han. You need to look at both the bios and the endings to get the full story.