What's new

Better Follow Up for Air-to-air Punches

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
Off a A2AP Reptile can do F2B1 for 8% damage. This is 1% less than doing a slide but I feel that F2B1 is better cause of the setups it grants.

Off of A2AP, F2B1 you can:

!. Slow ball then whiff an elbow dash for pressure (your run of the mill slow ball oki, my favorite thing to do)
2. Invisibility, elbow dash (safe against all wake ups, doesn't cross up and if they roll away all you can do is D4~acid hand)
3. Half dash~invisibility, elbow dash (not safe against fast wake ups, crosses up if they don't roll, but if they do roll you won't cross up but will be close enough for 321 etc.)
4. Double elbow dash (depending on how close the opponent is to you when he is falling you can confirm whether the first elbow dash will cross up or not then do the second elbow dash accordingly)
5. Triple elbow dash (kind of have to be on point for this one but it works really well when you do it)

Also you can tell by the way the A2AP hits (if Reptile is lower to the ground then the opponent and if the F2 hits the opponent when he is high in the air) you are able to confirm into F2~EX force ball for 1 bar.

A2AP, F2~EX fast ball, 32~slow ball, 321~slide 25% for 1 bar

Also by spending one bar you can end the combo in any way you want to. Like 321~invisibility or switching the force balls around so you can end with 321~slow ball. Not doing a slide will equal 23% or 22% respectively.

In the corner you can do:

A2AP, F2B1, 321~fast ball, 321~slide 25%

And again with the you can end the combo in any way you see fit such as 321~invisibility for 23%. Or do 1221, slow ball, whiff elbow dash for a slow ball oki which does 22%.

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
Did you know you get less damage from a2a Jo xray than njp stay? Weird eh?

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
Yeah it's weird how the scaling works in Mortal Kombat. I'm guessing NRS did that because they felt like A2APs would happen often, and they didn't want this kind of 50/50 trade resulting in someone losing a third to half of their life.

Showtime

Reptile/Sonya
a2ajp , dash in d4 exffb full combo, if you dont want to spend the meter d4 invis or d4 elbow dash or double dash all safe options, or d4 elbow dash invis EXSFB is really good

I like using a2ajp, ex slide, then dash after you get up and do a grab. You can get blown up for it but remember, it fucks up your opponents inputs when you dash past them :p

Sent from my PC36100