What's new

Best Zoning characters?

ToX

Noob
What do you guys think the best zoning characters are?

My list would be
1a)Darkseid
1b)Deadshot
2)Dr Fate
4)Captain Cold
and I wouldn't know the rest and how to rank them, though CC seems to be built more around traps than controlling space.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Deadshot, Fate, Darkseid, Firestorm, Cold in that order in terms of pure zoning imo. Deadshot has the most straight forward, effective, and easiest to apply zoning game. Fate's is the most technical imo, a lot of it depends on how easy it is for him to get out the orb based on who he's fighting, that plus his Sinestro like fireball, traited ankhs, push, and F2, he can honestly make it hell for some characters like Robin with bad mobility, but I think Fate gets outzoned head to head by the other characters mentioned except maybe Cold. Darkseid can shut down the other zoners and the omega beams are pretty good. Firestorm has a good fireball and the trap, ex fireball being fast as shit. I agree that Cold isn't as much of a zoner as the others, his strength is more about traps and setplay, along with pretty strong space control, but really lvl 2 trait in the corner = slit your wrists

ToX

Noob
Deadshot, Fate, Darkseid, Firestorm, Cold in that order in terms of pure zoning imo. Deadshot has the most straight forward, effective, and easiest to apply zoning game. Fate's is the most technical imo, a lot of it depends on how easy it is for him to get out the orb based on who he's fighting, that plus his Sinestro like fireball, traited ankhs, push, and F2, he can honestly make it hell for some characters like Robin with bad mobility, but I think Fate gets outzoned head to head by the other characters mentioned except maybe Cold. Darkseid can shut down the other zoners and the omega beams are pretty good. Firestorm has a good fireball and the trap, ex fireball being fast as shit. I agree that Cold isn't as much of a zoner as the others, his strength is more about traps and setplay, along with pretty strong space control, but really lvl 2 trait in the corner = slit your wrists
agree with what you're saying for the most part. really hard to rank them in my opinion. Darkseid's teleport makes him hell for other zoners. It's like a wrestler in mixed martial arts that's good at striking because his opponent's reluctance to open up in fear of getting taken down.

edit : I heard blue beetle is pretty good at zoning, but i haven't ran into one who tries to zone me. Any thoughts on that?

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
From what I understand, Blue Beetle's projectile(even though it's really good) is more of just a quick way to check your opponent in the neutral, it's not really meant to totally zone out an opponent. The way that I think Blue Beetle should be played is go in for a quick burst of damage and then run away and shoot projectiles for a bit and wait for the next chance to get another quick burst of damage. I think he's more of a hit and run archetype than a zoner one.

ToX

Noob
From what I understand, Blue Beetle's projectile(even though it's really good) is more of just a quick way to check your opponent in the neutral, it's not really meant to totally zone out an opponent. The way that I think Blue Beetle should be played is go in for a quick burst of damage and then run away and shoot projectiles for a bit and wait for the next chance to get another quick burst of damage. I think he's more of a hit and run archetype than a zoner one.
I see i just watched some footage on him. I feel like Joker is very similar too because of his pistol

The Celebrity

Professional Googler
Harley has a very strong keepaway game tbh. She gets beat at zoning by most zoners though, so shes probably not worth mentioning on a top 5. But against characters like Robin she can give them a really hard time. Gunshots have crazy fast recovery and although not much damage, she gets a lot of more zoning guaranteed off hits. The dogs also really assist in this and force the opponent to jump a lot of the time or they get stuck in block stun for more projectiles. If they jump she has a very strong trip guard game up close and good air-to-air with JI2 as well. I can see as the game progresses her being mentioned in this category, but for now I agree with Morgan's list.