What's new

Best zoners in IJ2 2.0

ToX

Noob
When this game first came out I made a best zoners thread.. Let's revive the discussion now that certain characters have been nerfed and there's new characters.

I think an underrated zoner is Superman. the pushback on his eye laser , especially on meterburn is amazing

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
Superman is not an underrated zoner. First of all, lasers are a key component to his gameplay at any level of skill, which everybody knows. Secondly, their effectiveness is extremely matchup dependent. There are a couple of MU's where he can just laser all day, and then there are MU's where lasers are so risky he literally cannot do them at all. In most MU's, they are good for some occasional chip/meter build, as well as for meaties, but are not oppressive enough to keep the opponent out, unless the player does not know the MU. Ultimately, he has to rely on his up-close game at some point in nearly every MU, which declassifies him as a zoner.

Lasers are no doubt a powerful arsenal in Superman's toolkit, particularly when viewed in conjunction with his other tools.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
What about Starfire? She is a great Zoner in IJ2. Various types of projectiles, can lead to some tricky shenanigans with them, and also pretty mobile for a Zoner thanks to her Tamarinan Charge special that she can do on both ground and air, in addition to normal air dashing.

ToX

Noob
What about Starfire? She is a great Zoner in IJ2. Various types of projectiles, can lead to some tricky shenanigans with them, and also pretty mobile for a Zoner thanks to her Tamarinan Charge special that she can do on both ground and air, in addition to normal air dashing.
i agree starfire zoning is top 5 to me. Fate, Darkseid, SF are the 3 best. Deadshot's been nerfed up but he can still give some players hell at full screen who don't have tele

Sazbak

Noob
A good GA can be really disgusting. It can be demotivating when he predicts your jump and shoots you out of the air. Also he can quickly change between overhead and low shots from up-close and he can get a combo off of it with freeze arrow. He can wake up with Slide or Savage Blast so it's hard to pin him down.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Starfire's projectiles are slow and have worse startups / recoveries than several characters.
Black Adam, Darkseid, Supergirl, Green Arrow, Fate, all beat out her projectiles.
She's good at keeping out characters without good zoning, but hers is inferior to most others.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Darkseid isn’t a top zoner, omega beams have way too much recovery imo for him to be a top zoner. He can zone vs some characters though, but I feel like it’s more dependent.

Fate is clearly the best with Starfire behind him.

After that there is a noticeable gap but the other ones with good zoning are Cyborg who’s is pretty good, Ivy who can get a shit load of chip against characters she outzones, Arrow who’s fire arrow zoning can be tough to get through and ice arrow that that you definitely can’t trade with. Deadshot is still okay, Batman can be trouble for rushdown characters.

Roy Arkon

Starfire's projectiles are slow and have worse startups / recoveries than several characters.
Black Adam, Darkseid, Supergirl, Green Arrow, Fate, all beat out her projectiles.
She's good at keeping out characters without good zoning, but hers is inferior to most others.
Stardust is indeed very slow, but Starblast is actually very fast. Starbolt Trait is not that slow either. The recovery of both Starblast and Starbolt is also very good.

atom is zoner ? lol
How Atom is a Zoner?

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
No hes not but p2w said hes one of best zoners so I asked how he is zoner lol Hes setup character with good anti zoning IMO

Roy Arkon

No hes not but p2w said hes one of best zoners so I asked how he is zoner lol Hes setup character with good anti zoning IMO
Yeah he is a more of Setup crazy shenanigans character rather then a Zoner. I really don't understand how people call him a Zoner.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Harley Quinn. Insane meterbuild, doesn't need meter for +300 damage bnbs.
True indeed, but i dunno....i never saw her as the best zoner tho. Mainly because she gets beat by Supergirl in that department cuz of her fast eye lasers. So id say Supergirl best zoner

Tweedy

Noob
Cyborg is probably up there but no one is playing optimal Cyborg yet. It's probably harder than optimal Grodd tbh.

For easier zoning there's Fate, Starfire, Harley.