What's new

Best/Worst Custom Moves for Your Main

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Sub-Zero

Best: Rising Ice. It maximizes his midscreen/corner damage and allows for the 124 KB to hit mid-screen also. Works very well in conjunction with Arctic Trap and Ground Freeze

Worst: Frigid Storm. It is a 36-frame startup projectile that only does 6% damage on hit and can be low-profiled. It does happen to be a mid though, so there's that!
Was going to say that. If I played with customs, I think rising ice, the low ice spike thing, and axe would be optimal

Erron Black:
Best - LnL/Scud Shot: I can't choose between the two, I feel like these are the most close to broken moves in the game. LnL leads to his launcher and tons of combo/mix opportunities. Scud Shot is probably tied with Cassie's kneecappin' for best counter-zoning move in the game. Plus you can cancel into it from B222 with a stupid mix.
Worst - TNT Toss: I actually think everything else, even the down peacemaker, are more useful than this move. I HATE this ability with a passion. I can deal with the fact that it hurts him, even though it's dumb... but WHY didn't they add anything else to the amp that could be effective for setups? Instead we are suppose to just throw it mindlessly wherever and hope for the best? Hell of a game plan there NRS.
TNT Toss is probably the only ability in the game that makes the character worse lol. the regular acid is much better.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
TNT Toss is probably the only ability in the game that makes the character worse lol. the regular acid is much better.
Yeah it's such a shame too, they could have done so much more with the TNT for some kind of useful setup. Oh well I guess that's what we get for hoping. Lol

Wigy

There it is...
Frost- best:
burrowing auger, gives her insane Oki. Every combo you basically just gotta hold shit or roll.

Worst:
Core overload- buffs one special and two normals with slight damage

MURK

Noob
Liu Kang...

NOTHING MAKES HIM PLAY ANY DIFFERENTLY NRS!!! MY CHARACTER IS ONE DESIGN YOU DICKHEADS!!!!

that is all

mrapchem

Noob
Was going to say that. If I played with customs, I think rising ice, the low ice spike thing, and axe would be optimal
I have a loadout with that exact configuration. The low spikes are cool because he can do blockstrings into them and it gives the opponent more to worry about up close. But, in my opinion, Sub's best loadout is Rising Ice + Arctic Trap. That trap is a great alternative to the Ice Klone and doesn't go away on block!

Ayx

Omnipresent
For Cetrion at least has to be:

Best : H20 Port. It's a 1 pt. teleport which is way diverse. Far TP allows a reset of the zoning game, can TP/Far TP for mixups and hard to react to unless conditioned as a string cancel and it being 1 pt. for now means you can have a pretty wide variety of setups.

Worst : Tie between the Tornado Winds move due to the terrible startup and requires AMP for it to cover full screen just for average damage. A buff to the startup frames can make it more useful. Also the Green Aura "Circle of Life" is complete trash. It's suppose to counter hit your opponent but doesn't work consistently and the cost of two def. bars makes it not as useful compared to the Water Halo (can block even after hit while inside) & Ring of Fire (low AoE dmg but shorter startup frames due to animation allows for some interesting setups for the throw KB.) I can't even think of a buff for that move other than maybe increase the counterhit dmg and or make it consistent.

For baraka I haven't played much of his custom variations but all in all he is a very well rounded character for tournament variations.

Best: overall damage that comes with gutted and his kbs, but bone picker has nice anti air and command grab. Would still say the best is marauder

Worst: probably his flag buff it's really risky to use and isn't effective for very long

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Super Swarm. Fucking Super Swarm. Everytime you're hit, you deal 10 damage to the opponent. It's 2 slots and the buff does not last very long.

Might mess up Lao pretty hard (His throws have 13 hits, so that's 130 damage), but other than that, it's a total waste of time.

FrankOceansWaifu

Watch this set up.
Kollectors chakram is literally better than his bola in every single way with an added krushing blow. You just can’t cancel it like bola but the cancels are all minus off everything