What's new

Best Whiffed Woolay Stomp Options.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
What would you guys say are the most viable mixup options after/leading into a whiffed in front/behind Stomp? Anyone who really falls prey to it or can punish it severely?
Seems like a relatively sound strategy, just want to get some opinions to better round it off.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Yeah, whiffed skydrops are just suicide to smart players. He's at stupid disadvantage with those. If you hit an opponent with it though, you gain a little advantage (no idea how much, his frame data still isn't complete).

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Well, that's disappointing. :(.

Even after a knockdown combo to close in for pressure? Nothing that isn't suicidal? Daaaaaaaaamn...

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
I've seen some people poke with d3 after a whiffed tele, but their opponent may have just missed the punish.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Yeah, I've been giving this shot after shot and, other than the occasional throw or stomping out turtles with F12 or B31+2, anybody rushing down pretty much gores me on touchdown.

I was gonna whiff a Woolay Stomp and lay a Rune Trap, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

halfeaten

Fully Composed
It's extremely risky, though it does occasionally work.

My favorite thing to do after a front/behind stomp is immediately crossover JIP into 112trance or b21 launcher. Tends to catch people off guard who go for an immediate punish. Though the crossover jump can be highly punishable as well.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
You know what goes well with that? Another jump-over Stomp trick.
Jump the second you land, make it look like you're attempting the crossover, then do it again.
They'll either block and leave themselves open for a Rune Trap, or try and throw something out that you can land behind and punish accordingly.
Extremely risky = yes. But used sparingly, it can definitely come in handy against someone with less-than-stellar punish powers.

LuckyStrikeMike

Philosopher
In my experience, one of the best options besides a low poke (d3, d4) is just doing it again and option select based on whether they moved or not. I have had major success even against skilled players with this, though it should be used at most 2-3 times. If you really think your opponent has slow reactions, but is going to stick something out there, Quan's uppercut is 6 frames, so you could try a counter poke.

Good luck.

ImmortalSkillit

SteeevRay
Uppercut.

Low poke.

If your lucky, crossover.
^This.

Careful with Uppercut. His is so fast, i've actually beat people to the punch...er, uppercut, then end up being uppercutted myself.
Against great players, this usually never works, and usually leads to me abandoning the idea altogether. Though when it does work, you really do have to resist the urge to jump up and yell WOOLAY!

*edit* and by "this", I mean following up after a wiffed Skydrop