What's new

Question Best way to get people off of you.

Durango

Enhancer
Sometimes you're locked in a blockstring or a frametrap and any move you try to counter with can work against you. 2 2 seems to work at a distance, but up close it lacks priority. Slides hit low, but they can easily be telegraphed by a low block. Ice clones can also be stuffed before you can make your escape.

How do you escape pressure?

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
If you have a bar, en Slide that shit, yo!

But like you said, if your opponent wises up to it, they'll block low. BUT not until they wise up to it. So go ahead and en slide out of it until they do.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Go pressure them so they will not pressure you :D or just play extra def ( aka pussy hiding behind clones xD ) , dont let get them near you , and you do not touch them either until they are frozen xD

MK Kobra

Noob
d3 is his fastest poke. I use d4 more often though, since it's +8 on hit, and 0 on block. It all depends on the situation though.

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
Depending on who is pressuring Sub Zero sometimes you can quickly backdash and cancel it with a clone. A LOT of people come chasing after you and you're a simple JIP (or crossover punch, whichever puts them closest to the corner.) B121 from having them in your pressure.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Sometimes you're locked in a blockstring or a frametrap and any move you try to counter with can work against you. 2 2 seems to work at a distance, but up close it lacks priority. Slides hit low, but they can easily be telegraphed by a low block. Ice clones can also be stuffed before you can make your escape.

How do you escape pressure?
D3 for your fastest poke or d4... If you expect them to poke block and then punish their poke with your d3.

Metalic

Noob
D3 if you're playing Cage or anyone else where the single frame makes a big difference. D4 otherwise. Basically use D3 to interrupt pressure, D4 to start your own.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
D4 -> clone will get you some room to work.. DJT provided some great examples of that this weekend.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
D3 if you're playing Cage or anyone else where the single frame makes a big difference. D4 otherwise. Basically use D3 to interrupt pressure, D4 to start your own.
eh... d4 is good for interupting pressure for most characters... d3 whiffs if cage does a f3... fucking dumb.

shad0ki11er 27

Time will only tell the Greats
i play against johny cage players all the time best thing to do to excape pressure to me would use B1,2,4 and put a ice clone out and if they jump use AA and know them into your ice clone this has been helping me out against any character but if johny cage gets a fame trap going EN. slide it before it starts off and play DEF.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Eat a bunch of garlic and rub raw onions against your armpits :D that outta do the trick ^^

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
i play against johny cage players all the time best thing to do to excape pressure to me would use B1,2,4 and put a ice clone out and if they jump use AA and know them into your ice clone this has been helping me out against any character but if johny cage gets a fame trap going EN. slide it before it starts off and play DEF.
Why would you ever use that string in general? The only b12 string that should be used is b121 but ONLY off a grounded freeze. If you use that against JC at high level you're eating an ex nut punch or he's crossing you up in between 1 and 4 to full combo punish you.

shad0ki11er 27

Time will only tell the Greats
Why would you ever use that string in general? The only b12 string that should be used is b121 but ONLY off a grounded freeze. If you use that against JC at high level you're eating an ex nut punch or he's crossing you up in between 1 and 4 to full combo punish you.
i play all kinds of johny cages and i used this string all the time and it doeses get stopped and i do use mix ups and yeah i may eat a EN nut punch once in awhile but it works for me alot

Seapeople

This one's for you
I agree with what youre saying, but imo people shouldnt try to interrupt with a crossup because they risk eating a clone. I learned that the hard way. Now i just interrupt it with my best normal that cant push me into the clone.

i play all kinds of johny cages and i used this string all the time and it doeses get stopped and i do use mix ups and yeah i may eat a EN nut punch once in awhile but it works for me alot
B1 is like 16 frames. Idk if cage even has a move that slow lol. Its just asking to be nutpunched
Edit: It's 12 frames but that's still quite slow

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
Then they aren't aware of what they can do against that string. EVERY part of that string is interruptible, and like Seapeople said, b1 is slower than pretty much every JC normal. Again, not a good idea.

D4 is the best option except Kabal, levees you at +8 on hit which is great for counter poking.