What's new

Best Video Game Character Tournament: Current Match-Kitana(MK) vs. Chun-Li(SF)

I can attest that @Ck AeroVoid is very good at Killer Instinct, and his Riptor is great!

As for Combo Assist, it's simply a tool that can be used and it's available to everyone. I have trouble with quarter circle motions in fighting games (not so much in Mortal Kombat since they're D,F as opposed to true quarter circle), and Combo Assist helps to alleviate that in combos. I only use it in the middle of Combos, and for Ultras.

Did you know, you can enable Combo Assist and never use it at all? If you input the motions, the game will prioritize those. Did you also know, you can use Combo Assist in full without mashing? I still plan whether I want to use light, medium, or heavy attacks with it, based on the tendancies I'm noticing from my opponent for Breaking. You can still do Manuals as well with it enabled, something you didn't seem to know, @Ck AeroVoid . You can also use your charater's combo trait by hold back while pressing the inputs (i.e. Jago's around the world).

If you want to read more on how it actually works, read this official post. There's a reason players like Infil, Max, LCD, SonicDolphin, and Sajam were promoting it. It's a great tool!

There are, of course, limitations to it as well, which is why you don't see pro players using it, but that's on a much, much higher skill level than I play at.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
I can attest that @Ck AeroVoid is very good at Killer Instinct, and his Riptor is great!

As for Combo Assist, it's simply a tool that can be used and it's available to everyone. I have trouble with quarter circle motions in fighting games (not so much in Mortal Kombat since they're D,F as opposed to true quarter circle), and Combo Assist helps to alleviate that in combos. I only use it in the middle of Combos, and for Ultras.

Did you know, you can enable Combo Assist and never use it at all? If you input the motions, the game will prioritize those. Did you also know, you can use Combo Assist in full without mashing? I still plan whether I want to use light, medium, or heavy attacks with it, based on the tendancies I'm noticing from my opponent for Breaking. You can still do Manuals as well with it enabled, something you didn't seem to know, @Ck AeroVoid . You can also use your charater's combo trait by hold back while pressing the inputs (i.e. Jago's around the world).

If you want to read more on how it actually works, read this official post. There's a reason players like Infil, Max, LCD, SonicDolphin, and Sajam were promoting it. It's a great tool!

There are, of course, limitations to it as well, which is why you don't see pro players using it, but that's on a much, much higher skill level than I play at.
I know this :p first one. most people just pick the easy route so combo assist came to grow sour on me

I knew you can do their specials and all but not like that. ima have too teach that next time i play with my fam/ friends

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82

Yeah. I use CA for Ultras because I can't be bothered to remember any Ultras and Ultimate inputs. Lol! I haven't played the game for real in years now, but yeah, in many ways it is still the gold standard for how I view FGs. I miss the season 2 and 3 days, looking forward to the Dev streams, and all the hype surrounding the character trailers and releases. Honestly, KI is a major reason why I didn't like/play MKX, as IMO it is just a superior game.

Anyway, long live KI! And I hope there is a new KI on the horizon in the next generation, not to mention more Novellas and Comics. I love the lore too!

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/images/1300-7294051

@MKF30 Sorry with all the KI talk in your thread. It is just so cool. :)

Last edited:
I know this :p first one. most people just pick the easy route so combo assist came to grow sour on me

I knew you can do their specials and all but not like that. ima have too teach that next time i play with my fam/ friends
Yup, but just like anything in life, the more you put into it, the more you'll get out of it.

People who use Combo Assist simply to button mash, that's all their going to do and they will be predictable and overall, easy to beat. Playing this way will let them have some casual fun, but it will only get them so far. Keep in mind, Combo Assist does nothing to improve their neutral game, match up knowledge, Breaker/Counter Breaker ability, etc. They're mashed combos will also oft be weak and blow out a lot because they're mashing.

People who use it as a tool (like me) will use it to help off-set their native weaknesses. It will help carry us further than we could go without it because it's helping to prevent drops, but the carry forward isn't huge because the understanding of the game's mechanics are still there and being executed by the player.

People who disable it and have the precision to not drop combos a lot will perform even better, because they're not relying on a tool to assist, and they will have finer control over Combo Traits and Manuals than Combo Assist allows. Their knowledge and execution of the game's mechanics, both in neutral, and in combo, are likely going to be higher as well because they're more likely to be better, more seasoned players.

That's my take on the whole thing anyway.

But yeah, for fun, go into the Dojo and give it a try, and you'll see what I mean. For me, I'll do an Opener, say Fulgore's Blade Dash, and then I'll start using Combo Assist properly to keep the combo going and prevent drops. I mix up what I do though to make breaking tougher, and I always manually choose my ender. For Fulgore, I often do is DP ender, which Combo Assist is not able to do for him (his Combo Assist punch ender is his fireball).

On rare occasions, I'll hold back and use his Combo Trait to build reactor speed while finishing a combo between rounds, but I do so very, very, very rarely.

Yeah. I use CA for Ultras because I can't be bothered to remember any Ultras and Ultimate inputs. Lol! I haven't played the game for real in years now, but yeah, in many ways it is still the gold standard for how I view FGs. I miss the season 2 and 3 days, looking forward to the Dev streams, and all the hype surrounding the character trailers and releases. Honestly, KI is a major reason why I didn't like/play MKX, as IMO it is just a superior game.

Anyway, long live KI! And I hope there is a new KI on the horizon in the next generation, not to mention more Novellas and Comics. I love the lore too!

View attachment 16695

I only got into Killer Instinct this past August; I totally missed out on it and I'm kicking myself now; it's fantastic!

I don't have an issue remembering the Ultra Inputs myself, but I find sometimes when I use LB or LT for multiple Punches or Kicks, for some reason, it will not come out and just does the regular move. I do not know why, as Training shows I'm doing the inputs right.

This also happens to me often when doing Arbiter's Energy Shield, he'll often kick instead of spending the Metre and using his Shield.

So I use Combo Assist for Ultras because I find it safely ends the match for me every time.

The comics and novella were great!

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
7-7 current tied between Kitana and Chun-Li

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/images/1300-7294051

It's all good man,
I thought this was if they actually fought?
No it's who you think is cooler, better, original etc or popular etc. Not who's more powerful ;)

So who do you vote for? Kitana or Chun Li?

Yea kitana is cool but like someone mentioned above me Chun Li is an Icon. In asia people abolutely love her and they have no idea who kitana is. Also damn shes fine. Chun li +1
To be fair, a lot of Asia don't know what MK is in general lol.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
7-7 current tied between Kitana and Chun-Li

It's all good man,

No it's who you think is cooler, better, original etc or popular etc. Not who's more powerful ;)

So who do you vote for? Kitana or Chun Li?

To be fair, a lot of Asia don't know what MK is in general lol.
Still kitana lmao