What's new

Best use of meter - Enhanced moves, breakers, or X-Ray.

evansgambit

Guardian of Outworld
Hi all,

Let's generate some discussion on the best use of meter. Whether or not it should be matchup specific, or situation dependent. I keep hearing that Mileena has good enhanced moves, but I'd rather an enhanced move that had armour like scorpions spear than one that yield higher damage like all of Liu Kang's ones.

After watching a few vids I noticed that a common theme is to breaker when your caught in the corner, especially against killer juggles like Liu Kang.

Have to give this thread time to grow, once we know more about the ins and outs.

REO

Undead
Depends on your character, the character you're up against, and the situation. I play Kabal so I usually use my meter just for :en spin 99% of the time. But there are obviously some situations where I do go for breaker if it means winning, or x-ray if I need a small bit of unbreakable damage for the win.

With Mileena, I usually save for a breaker. You can do more damage with a combo than a clean x-ray, and the best combo I've found into x-ray adds 7%. However, if I have x-ray loaded, I'm looking out for whiff punishes with it, because if someone is stuck in a string, you can eat a hit with the armour and still connect. Enhanced moves are so/so. The teleport can be good if you're trying to catch someone sleeping, but other than that, en moves add so little damage wise that they aren't, in my opinion, the best use of meter.
That said, the en roll looks like it gives a higher bounce which I'm going to look into when I get a chance.
Really though, meter use comes down to what you need. If you need a breaker, use it. But if you think you'll win the match by eating the damage and x-raying, do that.

The meter is definately character dependant without a doubt. I find that if i'm using quan chi then i end up throwing out meter mostly in ex trance combos or to save for the game winning xray. But when i'm using mileena i tend to use the meter for breakers or for an xray not really that much on her supers.