What's new

Question Best stage for Sinestro to fight on?

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
Ok, after playing this game for a month I have come to realise that certain characters perform better on certain stages than other characters. For example gadget characters benefit greatly from the Atlantis stage because they can use the water valves in the corner over and over again. They can also use the air rail slide in the middle of the stage where as power characters cannot. So this got me thinking what is the best stage for Sinestro to fight on? I went through the entire list of stages and found what I believe to be the best stage for him to fight on. Before I get your answer let me give you mine and the reason why.

WATCHTOWER:
Watchtower is one of the few stages in the game where both levels have a background stage launcher and any time Sinestro lands a level transition it leaves the opponent right in front of it. This allows you to block the opponents wake up attack and land a very easy 41% combo off his 111-interact. The 111-interact seems fairly inconsistent against most characters to the point it is almost random Pig Of The Hut LEGEND Under_The_Mayo help to see what is really going on here. I use Green Lantern And Lex Luther as my dummies. Why is 111-interact so inconsistent?
Edit: I went back and tried the 111 string again and it seems to be fixed. It is no longer stance specific...it will now hit standing either way. This is really good because normally the 111 string leads to a 15% vortex midscreen but with the stage interactable it's 37%...BIG DIFFERENCE!!! Also, you can use b2-interact to get big damage instead of b2-trait combos.

VOTEX SETUP STAGE GRAB:
The right corner of the bridge level (MMH) there is a stage interactable where you can grab your opponent for 20% damage throwing them into the corner (power characters only). Not only can this be used over and over again but you can use it in the vortex setup. When your opponent respects the axe of terror to stuff their wake up attack you can jump over their head into the corner for the 20% grab. You can also end a corner combo in shackles then jump over there head. The 20% grab will whiff if your opponent crouches. In these cases use your normal grab to throw them back into the corner or start your b2 overhead combos.
Edit: Sinestro is one of the few characters in the game that can get 20% damage off of this interactable. He is also one of the few characters that leaves his opponent in the corner after this. It is one of the best stage interactables for Sinestro...Period!!!!

REAPPEARING GLOBE GLITCH:
Ok, I don't know if this is an actual glitch or not, but anytime the globe is destroyed it will reappear upon a successful level transition back into the bridge area. Most interactables do not reappear once destroyed but for some reason the globe does......use it to your advantage.

FLYING ROBOT:
Another great thing about this level is the flying robot. Roughly every 20 seconds a mechanical robot will fly over head ready to be used as a stage interactable. This will continue to reappear every 20 seconds wether it is destroyed or not. The flying robot also appears in both the bridge level and the nuclear level ensuring you will never run out of interactables. Both power characters and gadget characters can use the flying robot but not all of them can punish it as easy as Sinestro can which leads me to my next point.

BAITING FLYING ROBOT:
While all characters can punish the flying robot up close most of them cannot punish it from outside jump range......THIS IS WHERE SINESTRO REALLY SHINES. Sinestro can punish an opponents attempt to use the flying robot from anywhere on the screen with his meteors. Not only does this allow for combo opportunities but you have now just made your opponent very hesitant to use the flying robot at all. This essentially gives Sinestro exclusive rights to use the flying robot all by himself regardless of which level he is on within the stage. Power characters and gadget characters can mb this interactable to counter your meteor. If you feel this is the case simply dash forward at the appropriate time to make the flying robot miss and then punish with the combo of your choice.

UNIVERSAL GUARANTEED THROW ATTEMPT:
To the left corner of the bridge level is the rocket ship. The rocket ship (much like the flying robot) reappears roughly every 20 seconds and can lead to a guaranteed throw attempt. Anytime you successfully land the rocket ship interactable you can dash forward and throw your opponent into the corner. The only way for the opponent to escape this is to tech the grab. While all characters can perform this universal grab setup not all characters b3 launchers are created equal and fortunately for Sinestro he has one of the best b3 launchers in the game. When you throw your opponent into the corner off of this setup immediately perform a mb b3 launcher. This will not only beat out 90% of wake up attacks in the game (except super moves) but it also leads to a level transition. So thats a total of 59% damage off a setup for only one bar of meter. Even if the b3 launcher is blocked your opponent is still left in the corner and you are at advantage. So either way it's worth it. Of course, you could just leave them in the corner and continue to pressure as well.
Edit: If you end a corner combo with shackles-cross over j3-then the rocket ship is guaranteed. If the opponent tries to do a wake up attack it will take to long and the rocket ship will hit them taking away the wake up attack. If the opponent tries to roll tech then they lose there invincibility frames and get hit regardless of what they do. Once you hit them with rocket ship immediately dash forward and preform the grab attempt. When you train the opponent to tech the grab after rocket ship then you can begin to combo. Now, all characters can use the rocket ship but not all characters can end there combo with a cross over j3 to get the guaranteed set up. Try it you will see what I mean.

NUCLEAR LEVEL:
If interactables are not your thing then you can fight on the nuclear level. There are interactables in each corner but they do not reappear. After the corner interactables are destroyed on this level there is only the background launcher in the middle of the stage and the flying robot.

CONCLUSION:
In conclusion I feel I have made a very strong argument for why Sinestro should fight on the watchtower stage every time, but what do you guys think? What do you feel is the best stage for Sinestro to fight on?

until then, to the lab.

Last edited:

LEGEND

YES!
111-Interactable is stance specific, if i remember correctly you have to be in the opposite stance from your opponent

No, but it does quite a bit more damage so I try to use it as much as I can. I just wanted to know if anyone had an answer to why it is so inconsistent.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
111-Interactable is stance specific, if i remember correctly you have to be in the opposite stance from your opponent
Ok, thanks. I was wondering why it was so inconsistent but I just couldn't figure it out. You can do 11-interactable and it will connect every time but it does 5% less damage, oh well.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
I just discovered that you actually need to be in the same stance as your opponent for the 111-interact to work every time. I did this with Shazaam, Green Lantern, and Doomsday. So if the opponents back is turned away then you need to be turned away, but if you can see the opponents chest then make sure you can see Sinestro's chest....simple.
If not just do the 11-interact for 5% less damage.

Edit: they finally fixed it. It is no longer stance specific.

Last edited:

Dayvo

My english it's not good
The watchtower is my stage of choice with Sinestro and Lex. All your reasons are excelent, but you can add one more:

If you are facing a really good rushdown opponent, get near the rocket ship. You can zone them from here keeping this in mind:
-If they are far away, zone them.
-If they try to use the flying robot, meteor(with all the possibilities you have with a MB version)
-If they get to close, turn on the rocket, they eat the damage, and gives you time to decide your next step(trow them away, if the robot it's in your advantage use it, try a mixup...)

You are in the corner and they can b3 you for the stage transition, so expect it

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
The watchtower is my stage of choice with Sinestro and Lex. All your reasons are excelent, but you can add one more:

If you are facing a really good rushdown opponent, get near the rocket ship. You can zone them from here keeping this in mind:
-If they are far away, zone them.
-If they try to use the flying robot, meteor(with all the possibilities you have with a MB version)
-If they get to close, turn on the rocket, they eat the damage, and gives you time to decide your next step(trow them away, if the robot it's in your advantage use it, try a mixup...)

You are in the corner and they can b3 you for the stage transition, so expect it
Thanks, I was wondering if anyone would get anything out of this. I never really did get a response from the @Sinestro Core of what the best stage was. So I guess this wasn't as important as I thought.....sorry guys.

Dayvo

My english it's not good
IMO, the stage it's very important. Some characters fit better in X stages, and you have to find where you can control the match, and take advantage of it. Justice Hall it's another interesting stage, you have a robot that respawms and you can use it for your advantage. Use it in a similar way that the flying robot of the watch tower.

EDIT: Both corners of Fenris are awesome too, but I think Fenris is banned in tournaments due a glitch.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
IMO, the stage it's very important. Some characters fit better in X stages, and you have to find where you can control the match, and take advantage of it. Justice Hall it's another interesting stage, you have a robot that respawms and you can use it for your advantage. Use it in a similar way that the flying robot of the watch tower.

EDIT: Both corners of Fenris are awesome too, but I think Fenris is banned in tournaments due a glitch.
I just came back and saw your edit. I was going to mention Ferris Aircraft.

In the left corner of Ferris Aircraft there is the reuseable interactable (I think its a turbo engine) that Sinestro can combo into.

Interact-meteor-20%
Interact-mb meteor-24%
Interact-mb meteor-shackles-meteor-27%
Interact-mb meteor-trait-mb fearblast-trait-mb fearblast-trait-shackles-meteor-42%

The great thing here is the 24% and the 27% combos allows the stage interactable to reset before the combo is finished. This gives Sinestro an easy way to keep the opponent full screen off an unblockable move. The 42% combo is just to show you what can be done.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
Ok guys, I just updated the op with some new tech. You can clearly see where I made the edit, check it out. I still think over all that this is the best stage for Sinestro to fight on . What do you guys think?

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
Also I went thru all the level transitions...have they been normalized?

When the game first came out I swear different level transitions did different damage...now they all do 30%.

Can anyone confirm this?

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
Yeah they made them all do the same amount of damage. The one on Hall of Justice with Darkseid did the least if I remember and they decided to fix that. In addition, I don't recommend this stage for MMH or Zod as they control interactables as good if not better then him (even with trait). Everyone else, this guide holds up.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
Yeah they made them all do the same amount of damage. The one on Hall of Justice with Darkseid did the least if I remember and they decided to fix that. In addition, I don't recommend this stage for MMH or Zod as they control interactables as good if not better then him (even with trait). Everyone else, this guide holds up.
What do you think of the cross over j3 rocket ship set up. MMH and Zod can't escape that can they? I don't think anyone can escape it!!!

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
What do you think of the cross over j3 rocket ship set up. MMH and Zod can't escape that can they? I don't think anyone can escape it!!!
I love it! The only issue is getting them there. Sinestro can be very dirty in both corners of this part of the stage. I do the same stuff with the grab interactable on Arkham and Plaza. Anything that allows me to have a true 50/50 in the corner that I can change on command is awesome.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
I love it! The only issue is getting them there. Sinestro can be very dirty in both corners of this part of the stage. I do the same stuff with the grab interactable on Arkham and Plaza. Anything that allows me to have a true 50/50 in the corner that I can change on command is awesome.
Arkham is good but the only problem the grab only last twice, then it's destroyed.

However, that's why I love Watchtower. Both corners can be used again and again.

Last edited: