What's new

Best Sonya Combo Starter from an Ex Cartwheel

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
I was testing it out in certain situations like breaking through pressure, projectiles or using it against cross-up attempts. I just wondered what other players do regarding combos in these situation types.

Midscreen:
Ex Cartwheel, MSB2, B2,1,F2, 1, 1,1,2,MSF1
Ex Cartwheel, 1,1,1, 1,1,2,MSF1
Ex Cartwheel, B2,1,F2, 1, 1,1,Leg Grab
Ex Cartwheel, MS~Tackle
Corner:
Ex Cartwheel, B2,1,Kiss, Dive Kick,2,1,Leg Grab
Ex Cartwheel, B2,1,Kiss, F2,2,MS~Tackle
Ex Cartwheel, B2,1,Kiss, Dive Kick,3,1,4,Leg Grab
Ex Cartwheel, B2,1,Kiss, B2,1,F2, Uppercut/1,1,2,MS3

Slego

The Saltan of Salt
I would say in general you want to simplify it down to around 3 kombos. The one's that end in resets almost always tend to be universally better.

Mid: EXKartwheel-> MSB2-> B21f2-> 112MS

AA: EXKartwheel-> 1-> 112MS

Corner: EXKartwheel-> B21Kiss-> B21F2-> 1-> 1-> 1-> 1-> 112MS

Keep in mind that although f1 is pretty much the only guaranteed move(besides 2, but eh), You have many options after you get them conditioned, such as a dash f4 and a jump in, or just a jump in, to name a couple.

Death

Noob
alot of times i do EXCartwheel, B+21F+2 1 112~MS. I know i can do MS B+2 after cartwheel but sometimes it can be hard to do if the cartwheel hits when u least expect it too.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I find myself doing Ex Cartwheel, 1,1,1, 1,1,2,MSF1 more than I'd like to. Would prefer doing Ex Cartwheel, MSB2, B2,1,F2, 1, 1,1,2,MSF1 but that's difficult to do amidst a frantic match and I find that I drop that quite a bit; need to work on that.

Noserfatu

My eyes! The goggles do nothing!
alot of times i do EXCartwheel, B+21F+2 1 112~MS. I know i can do MS B+2 after cartwheel but sometimes it can be hard to do if the cartwheel hits when u least expect it too.
I think this is the easiest to do in the midst of a frantic match (besides 1 1 1 112)

Noserfatu

How about off of D4~Cartwheel? I think its pretty tough to squeeze the MS B2 in there. Better off going with B21F2

Death

Noob
Off a D+4~cartwheel i do the same combo. I tend to not to D+4 Cartwheel at all. Offline the opponent can AA D+1 you before the cartwheel hits. Id recommend only using it sometimes to suprise the opponent. But yes B+21F+2, 1, 1, 112~MS is the best thing to do.

Noserfatu

Death, how difficult is it for the opponent to D1 before the cartwheel hits? Sounds like they're risking getting blown up.

I try to D1 AA all the time and get blown up by JIP.. so I'm thinking it might be as risky