What's new

Question - War God Best punishes?

Griefa

Noob
What would be the best punishes to use as war God on blocked specials? Seems like f2 is too slow, as is 114. Is our only viable options b122 df2 and b14 db1 combos? Please excuse any grammatical or punctuation errors as I am typing this from my phone.

macro

Eezeepeezee
F1b2 is ten frames and goes into setups and good damage, but in all it just depends what move you're blocking and what character you're facing.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
F1B2, 114, B12, and F2 are his best punish starters.

In order of speed (fastest starting to slowest starting): 114/B12 (it's a tie for fastest punisher), F1B2, F2

In order of reach (most reach to least reach): F2, F1B2, B12, 114

In order of damage (most damaging combo to least damaging combo): F2, 114, B12, F1B2.

Last edited:

Belial

Noob
- 114 is i9 and deals 40% for 1 bar, so its your best friend
- sometimes you need more range thats what b14 is good at. i9 deals 35% 1 bar
- f1b2 i11 deals 30% meterless and has a lot of range so you can punish wiffed atacks and some moves that 11 wouldnt reach
- f2 is mostly for huge unsafes and wiffed jump atacks, deals around 35% meterless
- Very rarely (bc of short reach) you can use i7 d2 to punish atacks that other moves wouldnt, 14%
- your i6 punisher is d4 for stuff like Cassier overhead f34 post patch. only 3% though, you can cancel it into totem for blood god or mixup for war god
- You can punish some stuff like Quan Chi trance or Ermac lift with jump punch into free combo of choice.
- Then you have a throw, its a reversal so its much easier to punish -10~-11 moves with it, very good sometimes. you get free sunray off it so extra 1% maybe.
- War god can also use db1 to punish some stuff other moves woudnt , for example takeda ground or air spear, scorpion low demon at far ranges etc. Also it can be really useful for punishing some wiffs across the screen. You cant use armored version though b/c last hit will wiff. Deal 9%

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
- 114 is i9 and deals 40% for 1 bar, so its your best friend
- sometimes you need more range thats what b14 is good at. i9 deals 35% 1 bar
- f1b2 i11 deals 30% meterless and has a lot of range so you can punish wiffed atacks and some moves that 11 wouldnt reach
- f2 is mostly for huge unsafes and wiffed jump atacks, deals around 35% meterless
- Very rarely (bc of short reach) you can use i7 d2 to punish atacks that other moves wouldnt, 14%
- your i6 punisher is d4 for stuff like Cassier overhead f34 post patch. only 3% though, you can cancel it into totem for blood god or mixup for war god
- You can punish some stuff like Quan Chi trance or Ermac lift with jump punch into free combo of choice.
- Then you have a throw, its a reversal so its much easier to punish -10~-11 moves with it, very good sometimes. you get free sunray off it so extra 1% maybe.
- War god can also use db1 to punish some stuff other moves woudnt , for example takeda ground or air spear, scorpion low demon at far ranges etc. Also it can be really useful for punishing some wiffs across the screen. You cant use armored version though b/c last hit will wiff. Deal 9%
s1 and b1 are 10f