What's new

Best on Kaillera is ...

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
The same people who are the best on XBL, and the best in real tournaments. :twisted:

ded

Elder God
i havent played on arcade for years and i dont play at xbla... i guess i'm a noob then :?:

RuT

Noob
Shock said:
The same people who are the best on XBL, and the best in real tournaments. :twisted:
But you do not play on kaillera. Ded _, Eric, Doomgun play on kaillera.

Br0ken

Noob
lol @ nafa..nafa is a great player but is not the best on kaillera..Id have to say the best players i know on kaillera are.shock,thrower,moe30w,scheissenussen,nafa,and flames.But i guess you could say im one of the best as well due to the fact i was #2 on xbox live b4 i sold it.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Honestly, I don't consider Kaillera to be any kind of usable scale of player, even between players who only play on Kaillera because in normal conditions it is completely unreliable at best. There are ways to have near perfect gameplay on it, but the chances of that happening are generally between friends where there is no real competition or constant usage of high level characters. The level of competition on Kaillera is not even 1/1000 of XBL. This being said, XBL is similar to Kaillera, but better as a whole. The only real problem is players being forced in most cases to use a bad controller. Lag and delay become a factor on it in high level play just like Kaillera, but there is more lag on average per game and it impossible to have a fair game with more than 60ms, and remember, whatever your ping is to a server, chances are your ping could be triple that at times. On XBL it is possible to have a fair game vs someone with 90ms.

Players from different countries across oceans of time playing eachother online in any way is not a viable source to determine these things. Aside from that, making up a separate rank for people who might even abuse netplay specific tactics that change the game is silly because they wouldn't fair well against players in an arcade situation where it was intended to be played. Factoring in netplay is similar enabling a game altering kombat kode like fast uppercut recovery, or unlimited run. These players beat people who cannot use the full counters to these strategies, which coincidentally are abused in lower level play, but negated by spot on, and reliable countering, not to mention there is a certain flow of play that isn't available when there is a bottle neck in controls.

Players on XBL will see me often drop from games after a few rounds if there's too much lag or delay in a situation where it hurts the overall gameplay. For instance if I'm playing Shaney sometimes there is delay, sometimes there isn't, but there usually is only when we're in a multiplayer room. Vs CD, there is always delay. Vs Konqrr, there is never delay. It depends on connection types only, whereas on Kaillera it also depends on computer speeds, OS, running processes, etc. It's very tough to accept Kaillera as any more than a weak substitute for what isn't available locally anymore and when you don't have a 360.

RuT

Noob
3 axes - a complex thing, but I can make it at ping 60.. For example on reps.emulinkerserver. The main thing - to get used to speed with a delay.