What's new

Best move in the game

I'd say baraka's spin but also KL's one is a decent move...... ........ .......................................lol

TrickyNick

Weather Man
Honestly there are alot of good moves and choosing the best comes down to splitting hairs. One of my favs and my opinion the most useful is Kabals Dash. The reason being there is multiple ways to use it. If you need to close the distance Kabal can be in your face in no time, pressure strings, EX armor, and the cancel into specials. Sometimes its not how much damage you can manage with a special but the usefulness. Agreed subs clone, KL spin, Rep forceballs are all very good. Its kinda a toss up for me. Each have there own use that can be devastating in the right hands.

Poto2222

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015.
I always felt Sonya's Dive Kick is definitely one of the best moves in the entire game. I mean, it's a 6 FRAMES COMBO-STARTER Special Move, which can be followed by NORMALS and leads easily to 40%+ meterless combos. No other Special Move has these kind of properties.
Even though punishable, it has priority over Reptile's Elbow Dash, can catch Raiden's Teleport ON ITS RECOVERY FRAMES (which is barely possible with any other character) and can punish any poke from a nice and safe distance, even Mileena's/Sonya's/Reptile's/Baraka's D4 with FULL combo!

Such a god-like, yet underrated, move. And that's why I love it!

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
The best move in this game in my opinion is Soul Steal, and here's why.

I have been experimenting with Shang Tsung for a while in the lab. Overall I think EX soul steal is the best move in the game for 4 main reasons and 2 bounus reasons. here's why I believe it is the best overall move in the entire game.

Bounus #1 EX soul steal has good, not great or excellent, but good range. About half screen I would say, so it has enough range to be viable in any match.
Bounus#2 EX soul steal has good, not great or excellent, but good start up speed. It is fast enough to check careless from up to half screen.

Now the 4 main reasons why I believe EX soul steal is the move in the game.
#1 It has armor.
#2 Totally safe on block.
#3 Recieves a large damage boost.
#4 Prevents a wake up attack.

So this is why I believe EX soul steal is the best move in the game. Could you imagine a Johnny Cage nut punch or a Setor flamethrower being safe on block and they recieve a damage boost. People would be sreaming for them to be nerfed, and that is not even taking into consideration that soul steal has greater range than any for those two moves.

My main personal bnb combo for Shang Tsung ends in the regular soul steal: Up skull above- jump in combo punch-2,2,1-close ground skull-medium ground skull-EX ground skull-soul steal 43%. Once you finish this combo you can now pressure and go into combos as the charcter your fighting but with a damage boost.

My mains are reptile and smoke. I took Shang in the lab and this is my bnb regular soul steal combo for both characters. I will have to update my damage % later, sorry.

Once you have landed soul steal on reptile: Jump in combo punch-1,2,2,fast forceball-3,2,slow forceball-3,2,1-(morph back into Shang Tsung) soul steal. You can jump in combo punch and repeat the process until the opponet stops it.

Once you have landed soul steal on smoke: Jump in combo punch-3,d1,2-dash-3,d1,2- smoke cloud(morph back into Shang Tsung) soul steal. You can jump in combo punch and repeat the process until the opponet stops it.

I am still learning with Shang Tsung, but I like what I see so far.