What's new

Question best joker strings or options to use when pressured

example 1: you're being pressured with mix-up strings and you block everything... what do you do? If it's batman they usually go for a cross after that but in general terms... how'd you respond with the joker? I like to either throw some teeth and duck (and see what they do), or use 212 into MB RLG.

problem with example 1: chars armor thru teeth and full combo punish, or they teleport, or dash back and Cyclops Laser Beam you to death, etc. If I do a string, unless it's a just-framed b1 or a mashed out d1 it seems like basically every single car in the game will hit the Joker FIRST if they go for another string too or whatevs.

example 2: you've just sweeped your opponent. WHAT DO YOU DO. I usually walk back two steps then go for a jump in with 1 and if it hits I go b1 xx teeth and see what happens.I'm trying really hard to stop Auto-Piloting a j2 crossup after a joker sweep because i'm noticing all good players block or punish that.Might be lag though

addendum: I really am very interested in hearing how you all use the joker. especially after sweeping. I ALWAYS land my sweeps, but... ALWAYS fail to capilize fully on them.

when blocking a string, say batman leg kicking you: what do you do after the string ends? i always seem to get stuffed if i try to do a string back

OnlineRon91

Joker++
If you can block the cross-ups then you can throw out acid blossom or mb b+3 or parry, since Batman is the example here, he's - on block on like all his strings. If he has bats to protect him then you'll have to respect that.

For post knockdown I either crossup with ji2, whiff a ji and block/throw or dash forward and block/throw

Blocking punishes wakeups and throws/crossup j2 punishes poor defense