What's new

Best "feels" ever?

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Yeah my life is revolved around working at the moment but I'd rather be working than not doing shit, lol, and it pays better than a lot of other jobs. Your old shift is called shift 6 where I'm at....i work Thurs-Fri and Sun-Mon, the least desirable shift. People seem to hate shift 10 (my shift) and picking, lol. I'm thinking about getting switched to your old shift eventually. Did you go through the temp agency or were you hired directly through amazon? OT does kind of suck but the money from it is hella nice.
i was hired through a temp agency. i was in the amazon that headlined the news where it was so hot they had ambulances outside just incase someone passed out. the money is pretty good considering all you need is a high school diploma and they will hire anyone, but the temp agency is very shady, they gave me no reason as to why i was "let go", they just said business is slow, we will call you when there is picking to be done lol i went everyday and was late ONE time lol but am glad i am not working there anymore, the warehouse jobs around this area actually pay more than amazon with less work lol but you need experience and its pretty far from the city. OT pay was nice though, but if you ever have the opportunity switch to ICQA, WAY easier, and they pay more, at least here anyway.

B W1zZ

Noob
i was hired through a temp agency. i was in the amazon that headlined the news where it was so hot they had ambulances outside just incase someone passed out. the money is pretty good considering all you need is a high school diploma and they will hire anyone, but the temp agency is very shady, they gave me no reason as to why i was "let go", they just said business is slow, we will call you when there is picking to be done lol i went everyday and was late ONE time lol but am glad i am not working there anymore, the warehouse jobs around this area actually pay more than amazon with less work lol but you need experience and its pretty far from the city. OT pay was nice though, but if you ever have the opportunity switch to ICQA, WAY easier, and they pay more, at least here anyway.
Yeah I heard about the heat problem at that amazon lol...thats probably why they always tell everyone to drink a lot of water. The temp agency hires a shitload of people to get through peak and lets most everyone go except for the people with the least amount of attendance points on top of good performance. I'm generally top 8 if not top 3 at work most of the time while I'm picking, depending on what area they put me in, some areas and pick paths are easier to get rate than others. I might ask to get trained in other areas eventually but for now I'm good with picking.

This was actually my third attempt at amazon after being laid off 2 other times, I managed to get converted this time. Only 3 people on my shift including myself got converted.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Yeah I heard about the heat problem at that amazon lol...thats probably why they always tell everyone to drink a lot of water. The temp agency hires a shitload of people to get through peak and lets most everyone go except for the people with the least amount of attendance points on top of good performance. I'm generally top 8 if not top 3 at work most of the time while I'm picking, depending on what area they put me in, some areas and pick paths are easier to get rate than others. I might ask to get trained in other areas eventually but for now I'm good with picking.

This was actually my third attempt at amazon after being laid off 2 other times, I managed to get converted this time. Only 3 people on my shift including myself got converted.
wow congratz for that man, and yeah the heat was bad....in December lol i got dehydrated once, they gave me an orange drink in a pouch and let me sit in the mini nurses office lol how do you do so good though? do the totals they post on the board account for multi-picks? i averaged 1000 picks a night, but i see people with 1400 lol

i felt like i had no life, i was so tired from work, that i would wake up the next day at 3pm and then bam 3 hours later i had to go back to work. now it wasn't because i wasn't "fit" i am a basketball player that runs a couple miles everyday for basketball practice, but the motivational endurance was not there, so i felt more tired from walking all night as apposed to running for 3 hours at practice. did they start you at $12.50 an hour?
That was caused by you sleeping during the day. The body is meant to sleep at night not during the day. Its called shift sleep disorder

Goldi

Noob
Wearing your finger nails long, and after you cut them, you get to touch everything with freshly exposed fingertips that haven't felt anything in weeks! It's pretty great. But most of you probably take your naked tips for granted :p

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Beating PL in pools and being considered the best Raiden in the world...

Wait... that hasn't happened... yet =p

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
Playing in a band and having a large crowd of kids starting a mosh pit and going nuts when you play something heavy.

Neclord

Noob
Oh wow, I forgot to post my number 1!
It just came to my mind, because I am awake for 24 hours now.

The best feel for me is, when you are really damn tired and I mean reallllllyyyy tired and after a long day you put on a fresh pyjama and go to bed.
It feels like your body is getting touched by angels (female angels of course! =D).

Mattman

Warlock Nerd
Easily the best looking/sounding superkick ever. I JUMPED out of my chair when that shit hit.

While we're on the subject: Add "Whenever HBK does something awesome" to my list.
ok but the greatest superkick ever was Marty Jannetty on the Barber Shop. Epic