What's new

Best Character who’s been revealed so far?

Peter Quill

You’re No Fun
Literally anyone who isn’t Sonya Rousey.

Not a fan of Baraka’s return because, being honest, he’s a jobber taking up a slot.

But Skarlet and Cassie returning? I’m there for it all day long

xiskza

Underworld
I think Sonya looks the most fun from what I've seen (hate her face though), but based on the trailers alone I think Geras looked the most hype. Skarlet the least after her visual redesign, completely underwhelmed. Havent seen much of her gameplay yet but hopefully its good to balance out the things I dislike.

STB Bodam

"Game... Blouses."
This seems like a no-brainer for me... Skarlet.

Just everything from her design to her moveset and tools. I'm really liking what I see from her. I just hope her learning curve isn't brutal like it was (at least for me) in Mortal Kombat 9.

STB Bodam

"Game... Blouses."
That's the problem, I did not feel anything about his design. When I saw Geras in the select menu when Boon as talking, I first thought it was a placeholder picture lol.
While I do like the character design, I didn't think his moveset was particularly appealing... and you're right about him kind of looking like a "random select fighter" icon in the fighter select screen.

thesacrifist

Too old for this
The maniacs actually made me excited for Sonya.

Coolest by far is Lord Raiden, but ALL the characters looked amazing.

Even with returning cast from MKX the fact that all normals are new and most variation-specific specials are also new means we pretty much get a whole roster of fresh characters. NRS has outdone themselves it seems.

Y’all saying Geras moveset is boring really haven’t seen all of the whacky shit people he can do. I’d say look through his footage

https://mobile.twitter.com/ultradavid/status/1086519033195724800
Agreed. He was laughing during the presentation about how cheap some of the stuff is. Like you can rewind time by 4 seconds and it'll erase your mistakes and give you whatever health you had 4 seconds ago. He said you can whiff a command grab, get punished, and rewind time 4 seconds while you're in hit stun lol. That has to only be usable once per game or something...

edit: nvm his 20 minute breakdown he said you can do it however many times you want, but the move takes up 3 gear slots.

Last edited:

CallMeTetris

draxx them sklounst
Skarlet, easily. love the redesign, love the new moveset, love her

they're all kinda great tho! It's great to have baraka back and he looks fuckin sick, I'm in the minority that prefers sub when he's doing ice weapon shit constantly so i love it, geras isn't my type at all but i love the fucked up shit he's got, and even sonya looks fuckin cool minus the rousey bullshit

scorp and raiden can go suck eggs

Blade4693

VIVIVI
For me it's a close call between Baraka and Skarlet. I was honestly not expecting either of them and they both look amazing.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
fatality = Baraka; that Brain eater stuff is over the top ! :D
gameplay wise = Skarlet ; finally NRS saw her potential as MK character :p
badassness = Raiden; he is evil, brutal and has fucking attitude in this game ! ;)

Spinky

Restless Dreamer
Baraka:

- Turned up out of fucking nowhere
- Is actually fun to play again
- Is now this swole ass Shadow of Mordor Orc captain dude who stabs you with war flags
- Breaks off his own blade and leaves it in you during his Fatal Blow
- Has the most hilariously OTT Fatality in the game right now

I'm sure he'll go back to jobbing in story mode, but right now I couldn't be happier with what they've done with him.

The whole cast is looking sick, though.

Gamer68

Fujin!
For me it's a toss up between Scorpion and Baraka to be honest, which I can't believe because usually I don't care for those characters.

I like how Scorpion uses his kunai/spear and swords more now. In MKX he had swords but they were exclusive to one of his variations, but now in MK11 he always has it and some of his strings utilizes them a lot and gives him pretty good reach. I really like that one special he has that has him swinging around his spear and slashing his opponent multiple times, seems almost inspired by Lasher Takeda. He also seems more flashy than usual in his intros and victories which never hurts in my opinion.

Baraka is interesting to me this time around because of a couple things: The flag is the first. Maybe it will end up being too gimmicky to be useful, but I like the idea of being able to basically plant something on the arena that gives him buffs and also allows him to use it as an interactable -- maybe he can use it in the corner to buff combo damage then use it as an ender? The second thing is that he's way more savage it seems, like I don't remember him biting anyone in MK9? In MK11 one of his Krushing Blows is literally him biting a chuck out of your arm.

Geras moveset is interesting from his trailer, but i'll have to see how it actually plays out.

Raiden looks intimidating as fuck though. Totally on point.

Agreed. He was laughing during the presentation about how cheap some of the stuff is. Like you can rewind time by 4 seconds and it'll erase your mistakes and give you whatever health you had 4 seconds ago. He said you can whiff a command grab, get punished, and rewind time 4 seconds while you're in hit stun lol. That has to only be usable once per game or something...

edit: nvm his 20 minute breakdown he said you can do it however many times you want, but the move takes up 3 gear slots.
Basically Tracer from OW

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I’m surprised more people aren’t excited about Geras. I thought he looked amazing! All of the sand-based moves look so cool, and his temporal moves seem so tricky. It also looks like he’s going to have some badass gear.

Skarlet’s moveset looked incredible. All of those blood weapons were just awesome.

I’ve never cared about Raiden, but damn if he isn’t flashy as fuck in this game. I might finally have to give him a shot.

Although I traditionally play SZ out of these characters, Baraka looked pretty sick. The impact of his moves just seemed so brutal.