What's new

Best character for rushdown?

I was just wondering what the best char in your opinion to learn rushdown tactics is?
Hopefully I'm also understanding the concept of rushdown is to apply strong pressure correct? thank for any answers

Dark_Rob

Noob
I was just wondering what the best char in your opinion to learn rushdown tactics is?
Hopefully I'm also understanding the concept of rushdown is to apply strong pressure correct? thank for any answers
Johnny Cage and Liu Kang seem to have the best up close pressure options to me. Cage a little more so than Kang but they are both beats up close. Kabal to has some great 50/50's but hes got great zoning to so hes not strictly a rushdown character

I think its Kung Lao
-His moves are extremely fast and his combos string are pretty safe on block.
-He has a very very fast anti air and combo starter with the spinning move
-He deals high damage in the corner, simple no meter strings doing over 40% in the corner
-He also has several projectiles and a teleport. The teleport isnt nearly as good as some other chars though
-His dive kick specials really good too. You easily get a 2 hit combo when you air to air a jump in or just cross up kick.
-You can also save yourself from fireballs if your going to land on them with the dive kick and close in on the enemy

I think its Kung Lao
-His moves are extremely fast and his combos string are pretty safe on block.
-He has a very very fast anti air and combo starter with the spinning move
Kung Lao's normal spin and :en spin are both punished bt FULL combos. there is nothing safe about it.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Liu Kang has great offenseive pressure, that's why I'm maining him! He also has a decent zoning game with his instant air fireballs. Also a good defensive parry that's great to prevent offensive rushdown.

Kung Lao's normal spin and :en spin are both punished bt FULL combos. there is nothing safe about it.
I meant just basic 1,1,2,1 strings and stuff. Just normals not specials. I think you have enough time to hit confirm into the spin so you can go into a combo. His normal strings are pretty safe from what Ive seen.

I was only talking about the spin being a nice anti air with combo possibilities, not using it in a pressure string.

But Im still pretty new to this game and Im sure more people have more credentials over me

Thanks for the fast replies!
If you don't mind me asking what is the best way for CSZ to apply pressure Tom and secondly what would be the most versatile in surviving zoners and other rushdown or is that a 50/50 char. And yet again thanks for the help