What's new

Best buttons configuration for stick users ?

glonglon

Noob
Hi I just bought an arcade stick (Qanba Q4raf) for playing MK9 on the PC version and I was wondering what is the best button configuration ?

Thanks a lot for your future answer :)

glonglon

Noob
As a noob I think I don't understand you very well :)

My stick got only two rows of buttons so how do I manage to set it up like you ?
Thanks in advance for your future answer :)

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
I play on stick and I leave it standard layout. basically my pointer finger presses 1 and 3, my middle, 2 and 4 then my ring finger presses block.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
1 2 BLK SS
3 4 GRB TAG

1 = Front Punch
2 = Back Punch
3 = Front Kick
4 = Back Kick
BLK = Block
SS = Stance switch
GRB = Grab (1+3)
TAG = Tag

-Grab can also be performed by pressing 1 and 3 together, the grab button is simply a macro
-If you like Tag Mode for some reason, you can rearrange the tag button with grab
-The only point to mapping the stance switch button is so you can do an X-Ray attack by pressing BLK and SS together. If you opt to use 1+3 to grab, you can switch the SS and GRB buttons to make the X-Ray easier to perform

glonglon

Noob
oh, im using the pdp mk stick
it has the old school layout of 6 buttons
I was interested in this stick but I read this review saying the PDP fightstick was pretty bad :
http://venturebeat.com/2011/05/08/pdp-mortal-kombat-fight-stick-not-a-flawless-victory/

1 2 BLK SS
3 4 GRB TAG

1 = Front Punch
2 = Back Punch
3 = Front Kick
4 = Back Kick
BLK = Block
SS = Stance switch
GRB = Grab (1+3)
TAG = Tag

-Grab can also be performed by pressing 1 and 3 together, the grab button is simply a macro
-If you like Tag Mode for some reason, you can rearrange the tag button with grab
-The only point to mapping the stance switch button is so you can do an X-Ray attack by pressing BLK and SS together. If you opt to use 1+3 to grab, you can switch the SS and GRB buttons to make the X-Ray easier to perform

Thanks that was helpful :)