What's new

best button layout for stick?

Komatose

The Prettiest
Well, Street Fighter uses six attack buttons. MK only uses four. The reason I space my attacks out is so my fingers don't feel crammed in one position while I'm doing combos. The way I have mine set, it feels way more relaxed than with my attacks next to each other. But that's just me. For SF I use Top: LP, MP, HP, blank and Bottom: LK, MK, HK, blank. You'll see what best suits you when you practice more with your stick, though.

hey i just got my first stick and wanted to ask whats the best button layout for mk? thx.
i got six buttons on my stick
fp-stance-bp
fk-block-bk
i like to trigger throw sf4 style (fp-fk) , xray (stance-block), tag (bp-bk)
for me the best layout and btw i feels like the original arcade mk layout.
and also i use the same layout for all other mk games, just run button instead of stance.

btw this kind of threads does already exist..

Issen

Legendary Scrub
Sorry if I'm bumping a dead thread, but I thought I'd share what stick layout I've been using.
[ 1 ] [ 2 ] [ BLK ]
[ 3 ] [ 4 ] [ Stance ]
All my attack buttons are in a place that makes sense (coming from SF/Tekken), BLK is in an easy spot, EX specials aren't difficult, and I get access to all of my shortcuts -- 1+3 for throw, 2+4 for tag and BLK+Stance for X-ray.

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
--FP--BP--Blk--Throw--
--FK--BK--Stance--Tag--

I normally rest my 4 fingers on the top row, using my thumb, index, and middle to work 1,2,3,4, and I only have to move my hand to Xray. This way I've also always got a finger on block and throw, making teching a lot easier.