What's new

Question - Fisticuffs Best anti-air option

Folux182

Noob
This is something I've been having difficulty with lately. I feel like anti airs as a whole in this game are fairly weak and that jump ins are a little too strong. That being said, Cages uppercut is best when the opponent is simply crossing you up. It has really good vertical but will have a hard time anti airing anyone jumping in from a distance. In that case, I tend to either back dash, trip guard, or d4. They are all very situational and dependent on who your opponent is using.

Bryck Walle

Counting the Days for the JCVD Johnny Costume!
If they're constantly jumping over you, just neutral jump punch. It's way better than it looks and can lead to some good damage. If they're jumping in at you, Uppercut. If you space/time it right it'll wreck each time. If they jump and try to attack, you can sometimes stuff their attack with EX NP. AA's aren't that bad in this game, you just have to think outside the box with them.

Fergus

Like Father, Like Daughter
EX DB1 is decent as well, only issue is that if you're in SD and you have a clone stocked, you can't do it.

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
If they're constantly jumping over you, just neutral jump punch. It's way better than it looks and can lead to some good damage. If they're jumping in at you, Uppercut. If you space/time it right it'll wreck each time. If they jump and try to attack, you can sometimes stuff their attack with EX NP. AA's aren't that bad in this game, you just have to think outside the box with them.
If the timing is correct the njp beats all the cross ups!!!
I totally agree you just have to risk it!