What's new

Best Anti Air characters

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Scorpion. Duh.

No seriously, he probably has the most complete movepool in this respect, 6f D1, standing 1, standing 3, B2, iaTP, EXTP, Spear, air throw, a hellfire to provoke them all, and they all lead into a reset with the exception of air throw.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
Sub's standing 2 will beat jik and jip alike and his ice clone is an obvious 2 frame AA, lol, and is the easiest AA in the game. Kung Lao's 6 frame spin... Yeah.

Cage has great AA's but the two above are probably the hardest to jump at.

Kitana is also in the same category as Sub and Kung lao for being hard to jump at because of the natural risk of an iaf. Don't know how I forgot Kitana. Also, Mileena is another one you don't want to be airborne for too long against.

SquirtMcGirt

Purple balls covering the screen
Freddy! His standing 1 is op and his d1 is godlike for anti cross over. All his combos end with the opponent full screen away and having to work their way back in.

representing TMP

Death

Noob
The best AA characters would be Cage because he can get 20-25% ending in nut punch and Sonya can get the same damage ending in MS. KL spin is ok. Its better for cross ups. Id rather have a faster jab as an AA than the spin. It only does 20% and you cant really continue pressure after. Jax is another good AA because he can end in dash punch and pushes you closer to the corner.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
The best AA characters would be Cage because he can get 20-25% ending in nut punch and Sonya can get the same damage ending in MS. KL spin is ok. Its better for cross ups. Id rather have a faster jab as an AA than the spin. It only does 20% and you cant really continue pressure after. Jax is another good AA because he can end in dash punch and pushes you closer to the corner.
They all have less aerial control, though and standing jabs, while really good, get beaten out by jump kicks a lot of the time.

Death

Noob
They all have less aerial control, though and standing jabs, while really good, get beaten out by jump kicks a lot of the time.
It depends how far they are when they jump kick. If their far away and attempt a jump kick you can just back dash and whiff punish when they land. I guess you just have to know the distance on when the AA will work with standing jabs.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
It depends how far they are when they jump kick. If their far away and attempt a jump kick you can just back dash and whiff punish when they land. I guess you just have to know the distance on when the AA will work with standing jabs.
That's true, but my main point is, characters like kung lao, Sub, Kit, etc can all play a natural game without consciously thinking of having to space an antiair all the time. If your opponent is constantly trying to space himself for an antiair, you can approach in other ways.

That's why I think the aerial control with those characters is probably the best.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
All characters have excellent anti-air options. You just simply need to find them. Although, some are more effective than others.

That said, if I were to pick five candidates, they would be...

1. Sonya
2. Johnny Cage
3. Kung Lao
4. Cyrax
5. Kenshi

Smoke can get a reset as well off an aa. Not sure on the damage though. Depends on which aa u use.

Sent from my LG-US670 using Tapatalk 2

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Freddy is in there imo too. His standing 1 is good, i mean really GOOD. Ermac ofc is very good also. Others i can think of are KL, JC (damn you A F0xy Grampa those AA 1's back at SVB were an inspiration for me to start using Ermac's AA1 and 2 myself), Mileena, Sektor, Scorpion's B2, Kitana's standing 3 if i remember correctly and her standing 2, Smoke's standing 2, Raiden's 2 etc etc. There are too many to choose from, but those i mentioned are my favorites.

EDIT: Forgot Jax, SZ and Sonya.

SquirtMcGirt

Purple balls covering the screen
Freddy is in there imo too. His standing 1 is good, i mean really GOOD. Ermac ofc is very good also. Others i can think of are KL, JC (damn you A F0xy Grampa those AA 1's back at SVB were an inspiration for me to start using Ermac's AA1 and 2 myself), Mileena, Sektor, Scorpion's B2, Kitana's standing 3 if i remember correctly and her standing 2, Smoke's standing 2, Raiden's 2 etc etc. There are too many to choose from, but those i mentioned are my favorites.
Freddy standing 1 for president 2012

representing TMP