What's new

Best and Worst Matchups: Mileena

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I'm attempting to gather good information for my "How to Defeat Any Character" thread. You're going to see this exact post in each of the character threads. If you would like to share your information, ideas, and comments please stick to the format outlined below. This will help speed up the process of rooting out the pertinent information and putting it to good use. Thanks for your support!

*The information in the example post was written off the top of my head and not meant at all to convey actual match information. It serves only as a guide to influence future posts.

Post Format (based on Kano):

Best Matchup: Kano's best matchup is probably against Quan Chi. Quan Chi's 1 wakeup attack, the Sky Drop, just isn't able to break up Kano's awesome offensive game. Kano can keep him at range with zoning tactics that have enough recovery to block and punish the Sky Drop. Quan Chi should be unable to control almost any aspect of a match with Kano.

Worst Matchup: Kano's worst matchup is definitely against Sub-Zero. Ice Clone completely nullifies Kano's Air Ball, and with no teleport Kano can have a very difficult time getting in to inflict decent damage. His only real option is to hang back and zone with Knives hoping to bait and punish Sub-Zero's slide. However, since his Knives can be crouched completely, if Sub-Zero has the damage advantage he can just run down the clock to force Kano to come to him.

i really like to play vs high level scorpions
and what i hate the most is defiantely kung lao i just never win even a 66% "noob" and ghostt-butterfly just rapes me all the time...

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
As a Kitana player, Mileena is the only character that consistently beats me. Her low kick poke is better than Kitana's infamous d1, and Kitana's air game is easily nullified by Mileena teleports. I don't play Mileena, but I'd say Kitana's one of her better matchups.

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
I'm not 100% sure but I think Smoke might be one of her worse match ups.
He seems to be able to nullify her wakeup game with Smoke bomb, and shake on reaction to any sais, thus shutting down two of her advantages.

Velvet Sack

A Dream and a Dream
Best matchup has to be Sheeva. She's enormous, slow and made of hitboxes. She has no tools to deal with Mileena's rushdown and telekick pwns telestomp every time.

Worst matchup: Kung Lao. He can totally shut down everything she has. Playing against KL with Milly means hoping that your opponent does a lot of stupid things.

Mileena's worst matchup is probably vs herself if you think about it.... But anyway I'll contribute more when I have a bit more time.

Yo Karaokelove, since there's supposedly another patch comin out sometime after Evo, maybe we should hold off on this little project.

From what I've been hearing, Sub Zero is getting a major slide buff that will enable him to slide under every high hitting projectile, instead of only a few. This could change the Mileena/Sub Zero matchup drastically, as ground sais will pretty much be useless against him now. There's no telling what else will be affected if and when this latest patch hits, so the strats and stuff we come up with now could be worthless in about a month.

cyke_out

Noob
Wow, that is a huge hit for mileena in the sub-zero match up,. This will make the match-up more in Sub's favor I think.

Is there a thread for all the rumored patch notes?

That's the only one I know that Tom Brady said anything about. I don't know if it's 100% right now or not though. It's being discussed in the subzero forums somewhere

cyke_out

Noob
Thanks, I waded through that thread as much as I could- didn't get very far.

So who's going to start the mileena needs a buff thread? Every other character forum has one, I feel left out.

For me personally, I feel her costume 3 isn't revealing enough, I say lose the bandages and just go with it. People will be so distracted at jiggling bewbs for easy flawless wins every time!

Nah keep the bandages, but tweak her nose and eyes to be more like Kitanas, (she is a clone after all).

Anyway, if someone wants to make a thread for that they can. I'm pretty much fine with the Mileena we have. The only way she'd NEED anything more is if they just made everyone else much better.

Velvet Sack

A Dream and a Dream
After fighting some experienced Kung Lao players in the past few days and keeping Sao87's post from the REO thread in mind, I've decided I was really over-rating Kung Lao's advantage over Mileena. You do have to work for it and you do have to play by his rules, but I don't think there's any way it's actually an 8:2. If you zone him out from about jump distance or more, his tools for closing the gap are easy to see coming and very punishable. Maybe Raiden is her worst?

Edit: Nah, Kung Lao is still her worst, but it's not an 8:2.

From what I've been hearing, Sub Zero is getting a major slide buff that will enable him to slide under every high hitting projectile, instead of only a few. This could change the Mileena/Sub Zero matchup drastically
Do you think it will though? Paulo said that there will still be five frames on startup where he can be hit. His slide takes 40 frames (2/3 of second) to travel across the screen. I don't know the recovery time of ground sais, but it seems to me like she'd be able to block the slide a fair amount of the time, which is a full-combo punish.

5 frames is the fastest startup in this game though. You use ground sais from 3/4 to fullscreen and this can be reacted to with slide. Unless he just did something else, I think this could be a major problem. He can already beat iAS with Slide so what are you supposed to do besides wait him out even more until he throws an ice blast?

Slide travels almost the same speed as ice blast. If you time ice blast coreectly, you trade with mil ground sai. should be the same for slide. And even if you can react and block it full screen, what happens when you're not exactly full screen away? You can't stay at full screen the whole match, so you might be within range more often than not. The buff helps Sub alot with the skarlet matchup. But it looks like it'll really hurt Mil bad unless she recovers faster off ground sai.

Velvet Sack

A Dream and a Dream
Yeah, after a little testing, I can see I was probably being too optimistic. It'll be interesting to see, if the change actually happens.

some1 would be so nice and give hints what to do vs an (always defending) Ermac? if i try any attack they are blocked and punished if i am zoning with sai he can teleport... i just really dont see real chances vs a guy that has the same skill as i have.
(((same goes to smoke
and even a blinded KL free hunting me.)))

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
some1 would be so nice and give hints what to do vs an (always defending) Ermac? if i try any attack they are blocked and punished if i am zoning with sai he can teleport... i just really dont see real chances vs a guy that has the same skill as i have.
(((same goes to smoke
and even a blinded KL free hunting me.)))
Ermac sure is a tough fight, but, keep in mind that Ermac players try to rely in Force Lift as zoning tool, defensive move against rushdown and as wake up attack, so, I think the best way to deal with is trying to bait Ermac to do a predictable force lift, and, you do ball roll all the time he miss a force lift close, and this punish him

The key is try to make Ermac get away from his "comfortable zone" while he is mid-screen or full screen distance, so, obligating Ermac players to fight close and have to use more combos instead of zoning game, seems to be a good way to fight this match. In a pure combo and mix up battle, Mileena has the upper hand against him.

i got to the conclusion that cyber sub zeros are the retardest guys. they just defend, freeze themselves and teleportkick they are total noobs and still succeeding to compete at the server on relatively high level... and when i just sai/airsai i receive at the end a message spammer noob. ROFL
i played today vs the best reptile around and i lost only 2-1 to him leading all 3 games too bad his hit-kick-ball combo seemingly cannot be breaker-ed... but if i am not so stupid and wouldnt forget to sai after teleportkick in air i wouldnt have received that much combos . all in all i dont see reptile as a very big threat to mileena at the same level (cuz he was defiantely the better palyer with 990-44 stats