What's new

Beginning to see what all the fuss is about...

So I hadn't played UMK3 before, only MK2. I just got my MAME arcade cab up and running a few weeks ago and UMK3 and KI were the first two games I got running. I"ve spent several days learning a few chars and working up the CPU ranks. It was pretty different at first but now it's starting to make sense a bit. I think I still prefer MK2 since I'm not a huge fan of dial-a-combos but they're growing on me :) I really really want UMK3 for PS3 now! I hope I can at least get Kaillera set up and play you guys sometime soon :D
:UMK3 bloodlust grows:

dreemernj

Ambassador
Just be sure not to decide on it based on playing the computer since that's pretty much the least enjoyable way to play the game. UMK3 is essentially 2 player only.

Yeah the CPU play is pretty well meh.. I've been playing over xbla for a little over a year now i just started this forum.. overall the game is great occasionally you'll just face a few kids.

the CPU is super shitty. it's impossible to throw the CPU or do any close combos that aren't started by things like the fanlift, kabals spin, reptiles forceball, etc... I'd really really like this to hit ps3 so I can start playing people online. I've got 4 people fairly down now. Sorp, Kabal, Kitana, Reptile. I try to learn a few people a week. it's hard to remember dial-a-combos sometime but the run makes for a much faster game than MK2. totally different strategies